Japchae. Beef, carrot, eggs, garlic, green onion, ground black pepper, onion, red bell pepper, salt, sesame oil, sesame seeds, shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, spinach, starch noodles, sugar, vegetable oil, white oyster mushrooms. Japchae (or chapchae) is a classic Korean dish everyone loves! Find out how to make authentic, delicious japchae with this time Japchae (Stir-Fried Starch Noodles with Beef and Vegetables).
It typically requires meat and vegetables (unless. Japchae is a simple Korean noodle dish packed with a rainbow of vegetables and steak. Our japchae recipe is an easy, delicious dish that's also gluten-free! You can cook Japchae using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japchae
- You need 1 of white onion.
- Prepare 5 of green onion stalks cut in 4 pieces.
- It’s 1 of big carrot shredded.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- You need of Sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 pack of triple washed spinach.
- It’s of Soy sauce.
- You need of Brown sugar.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Shitake mushroom.
- It’s of New York sirloin steak or rib eye steak.
- It’s 2 packs of japchae noodles.
Flavorful and exquisite Japchae is made of sweet potato noodles, julienne vegetables, and sliced beef tossed in a Korean soy Japchae 잡채 (Korean Stir Fried Noodles). Japchae – Korean noodle dish with sweet potato noodles and vegetables. Make japchae if you want a comforting and nutritionally balanced meal. The sweet potato noodles are tossed with beef and veggies in a sweet savory sauce.
Japchae step by step
- First put pack of dry shitake mushrooms in a bowl of water. Let sit for about 2 hrs. Then wring out water from each mushroom and fan it out. Cut into strips. In a bowl marinate chopped up sirloin steak and mushrooms In 2-3 tbsp of soysauce, 3 tbsp brown sugar, and 1 tbsp sesame oil. Let sit for 2 hours..
- Boil Large pot of water with salt and veg oil. Add 2 pack of japchae noodles and boil for 10 minutes..
- Crack 1 egg in a bowl, add pinch of salt and scramble. Then in a pan, heat a little bit of oil and cook egg. Set aside for topping at the end..
- Add more oil to pan, and sauté shredded carrots. Add pinch of salt and cook until done. Set aside In a large bowl..
- Next, add more oil and Sauté remaining onion and green onion. Add pinch of salt. When done add to the large bowl with carrots. Then add 2 tbsp of soy sauce, 2 tbsp of brown sugar and 2 tbsp of sesame oil. Mix well..
- Continuously Check noodles to see if it is cooked, then drain through a strainer over sink. Rinse With Cold water. And cut with scissors (noodles are very long).
- Boil Large pot of water and Blanche spinach. Add salt.Then drain and soak in cold water with ice for a couple of min. Strain spinach and squeeze excess water from it, separating spinach into as many Individual pieces as possible. Then cook in a pan with a little bit of oil and add sesame seeds. Once done add to bowl with carrots and onions..
- In pan, heat veg oil and cook marinated meat. Add a little bit more salt and sesame oil (optional). Add to bowl with carrots, onions and spinach. Also add japchae noodles..
- Lastly add 2 tbsp brown sugar, 2 tbsp soy sauce and 2 tbsp sesame oil depending on taste preference. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and transfer to a larger container for plating. Cut the scrambled egg from earlier into shredded pieces and add to japchae. Add sesame seeds and enjoy!.
Japchae is a classic Korean Glass Noodle dish that is served as a side dish or appetizer. Mild in flavor, this is a great first dish to try if you never had Korean food before. Japchae, this easy Korean noodle stir-fry recipe, is quick and easy to make, it's full of veggies (red peppers, carrots, onions, mushrooms, spinach). The Japchae was delicious but seemed to be lacking something as the flavor was very subtle. I've never had Japchae before so I've no basis for comparison but this was absolutely amazing.