Korean japchae (sweet potato noodle). The most comprehensive and authentic Japchae (Korean glass noodle stir fry) recipe! What is Japchae Japchae or chapchae (잡채) is a very popular Korean dish. It is the number one sought after dish particularly during the Korean festive holidays (e.g.
If you like Asian noodle dishes, you will love Korean sweet potato noodles. With a delicious chew and coated in a tasty sauce, you would never know that japchae noodles are made from sweet potatoes and are naturally gluten-free! Korean sweet potato noodles Paleo japchae. You can cook Korean japchae (sweet potato noodle) using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Korean japchae (sweet potato noodle)
- Prepare of Sweet potato noodles.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- You need of Chilli padi.
- You need of Cherry tomato.
- Prepare of Baby kailan.
- You need of Bell pepper (capsicum, any colour you want).
- It’s 1 pcs of Egg.
- You need of Spring onions.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- Prepare of Light soy sauce.
- Prepare of Mushroom powder.
- It’s of Sugar.
I've been meaning to share this Korean sweet potato noodles Paleo japchae for a while. I absolutely love Korean sweet potato noodles (aka Korean glass noodles). These Korean sweet potato noodles remind me of Chinese cellophane noodles but are thicker (think Cantonese style lo mein) yet with a lovely translucent and chewy texture. Japchae is traditionally made for parties or celebrations, but I like to make it for a light lunch or part of a big dinner.
Korean japchae (sweet potato noodle) step by step
- Cut the baby kailan, separate the stem and the leaves part..
- Cut cherry tomato to half. Cut bell peppers to thin cuts..
- Cut spring onions to 2cm size. Crushed and diced the garlic. Cut chilli padi..
- Heat up sesame oil. Put in garlic, baby kailan stem and stir fry until the leaves start to change color..
- Put in bell peppers, tomato. Stir fry. Put in mushrooms powder, cut chilli padi and sugar..
- Put in the rest of baby kailan leaves. If you like your spring onions crunchy, turn off the fire and add in spring onions. Mix it a bit and set aside. If you like your spring onions cooked just leave them with the fire on for a while..
- Boil japchae for 8 minutes or you can soak it with hot water for an hour. After soaking it just stir fry it a bit and it will become transparent. After boiling it you can strain the noodles and put in ice water if you want more chewy texture..
- Mix japchae with sesame oil and light soy sauce..
- Beat the egg and put mushroom powder in. Make a thin layer of egg on the pan. You can cut them into thin strips or just shredded them randomly with chopsticks like I did..
- Mix japchae, stir fried vegetables and egg together. They are ready!.
Dried sweet potato noodles can be found in most Asian supermarkets. Where to Buy Korean Glass Noodles. Korean style sweet potato noodles are also referred to as starch noodles or Korean vermicelli. Venture into an Asian store to find them readily available and cheap. Try this brand or this brand.