Japchae (Korean Glass Noodles).
You can have Japchae (Korean Glass Noodles) using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Japchae (Korean Glass Noodles)
- Prepare 170 g (6 oz) of dangmyun (sweet potato noodles).
- You need of — for the sauce —-.
- It’s 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 3 1/2 tbsp of granulated white sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare of ————————.
- You need 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 4 oz of lean beef (optional).
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 6 oz of spinach/cabbage.
- It’s 1 pc of small carrot (sliced into matchsticks).
- You need 4 pc of button/portobello mushroom (optional).
- You need 1 pc of small onion.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
Japchae (Korean Glass Noodles) step by step
- 1. For the SAUCE, mix soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and garlic in a bowl until sugar is completely dissolved..
- 2. Boil water, and add Dangmyun. Follow package instructions. Drain and set aside..
- 3. In a hot pan, heat vegetable oil and sauté meat (until browned), garlic, onion (until translucent), and vegetables (until soft)..
- 4. Add noodles and sauce..
- 5. Stir on high heat until liquid is reduced and absorbed by noodles..
- If saltiness from the sauce is not enough, add salt and pepper to taste..
- 7. Garnish with chopped onion leaves and roasted sesame seeds..