Kimbap (Korean-style Sushi Rolls).
You can have Kimbap (Korean-style Sushi Rolls) using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kimbap (Korean-style Sushi Rolls)
- It’s 2 of sheets ■ Nori seaweed.
- You need 1 dash of ■ Sesame oil.
- It’s 1 of serving ◇ Plain steamed rice.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ◇ Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ◇ Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ◇ White sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 of ◆ Egg.
- It’s 1 pinch of ◆ Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot.
- It’s 1 of Spinach.
- Prepare 1 of Takuwan (yellow pickled radish).
- Prepare 50 grams of Minced meat.
- You need 1 dash of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 of Bottled yakiniku sauce.
- You need 1 of Salt yakiniku sauce.
Kimbap (Korean-style Sushi Rolls) step by step
- Cut the nori in half. Apply a thin coat of sesame oil to each side and heat lightly (or use Korean nori if available)..
- Beat an egg, season with salt, and make a flat pancake. Cut into 5 mm strips..
- Julienne the carrots to 5 mm thickness. Boil and mix with salt yakiniku sauce (normal yakiniku sauce is fine)..
- Blanch the spinach, squeeze out the water, and mix with the yakiniku sauce..
- Julienne the takuwan pickles into 5 mm thickness..
- Brown the beef in sesame oil. Flavor with yakiniku sauce..
- Add sesame oil, salt, and white sesame seeds to warm rice and mix..
- Spread the nori on a sushi mat (outer side facing down). Spread a thin layer of rice. Leave the top 1.5 cm uncovered. Make sure the bottom is well-covered..
- Center the meat..
- On top of the meat, layer with the eggs, spinach (excess liquid squeezed out), carrots and takuwan (one stick each)..
- Start rolling from the bottom. Squeezing with both hands, roll from edge to edge, like this picture. Here, I'm squeezing lightly..
- Roll in the leftover nori edge. Place that edge on the bottom..
- Once the roll is secured, slice into whatever thickness you like..