Jja Jang Myun.
You can have Jja Jang Myun using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jja Jang Myun
- Prepare 1 of Noodles.
- You need 1 of Olive Oil.
- You need 1 of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sweet Potato.
- You need 1 cup of Radish.
- You need 2 cup of Onions.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Zucchini.
- It’s 1 of Black Bean Paste.
- You need 300 grams of Pork Belly.
- Prepare 1 of Potato Starch Powder.
- You need 1 of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Cucumber.
Jja Jang Myun step by step
- Cut the pork belly into 1cm cubes. Leave the skin on..
- Heat the pan to high heat, add 1tbs of olive oil..
- Stir fry the pork for around 10 minutes until the pork looks crispy..
- Cut all of the vegetables (excluding the cucumber) into 1cm cubes..
- Drain the oil/fat out from the pork and add a bit of olive oil. Replace pork back on to the wok on low heat..
- Add the potato and radish in with the pork and stir fry for 2 minutes..
- Add the onions and zucchini and saute for another 2 minutes..
- Add water until all the ingredients are slightly submerged..
- Close the lid and boil for approximately 15 minutes. Test by eating the potato..
- For the black bean paste, add 1tbs of vegetable oil and 7tbs of the black bean paste to a small saucepan..
- Drain the oil from the saucepan after the black bean paste has been sufficiently cooked..
- Skim the "foam" off the pork belly and vegetables paste and add in the black bean paste..
- Use 2 large spoonfuls of potato starch with a little bit of water to thickening the sauce..
- Add 2tsp of sugar and some sesame oil..
- Stir and cover the sauce as you prepare the myun..
- For the myun, just follow the directions on the package or cook the noodles to your own liking..
- Garnish with some fresh chopped cucumber..