Japchae. Beef, carrot, eggs, garlic, green onion, ground black pepper, onion, red bell pepper, salt, sesame oil, sesame seeds, shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, spinach, starch noodles, sugar, vegetable oil, white oyster mushrooms. Japchae (or chapchae) is a classic Korean dish everyone loves! Find out how to make authentic, delicious japchae with this time Japchae (Stir-Fried Starch Noodles with Beef and Vegetables).
It typically requires meat and vegetables (unless. Japchae is a simple Korean noodle dish packed with a rainbow of vegetables and steak. Our japchae recipe is an easy, delicious dish that's also gluten-free! You can cook Japchae using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japchae
- You need 90 g of baby spinach leaves.
- Prepare 60 ml (1/4 cup) of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of caster sugar.
- You need 60 ml (1/4 cup) of sesame oil, plus extra, to drizzle.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, crushed.
- Prepare 1 of egg, lightly beaten.
- It’s 240 g of sweet potato vermicelli (dangmyeon) (see Note) or mung bean vermicelli.
- You need 80 g of (about 4) fresh shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of white onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of zucchini, thinly sliced into matchsticks.
- You need 1/2 cup of garlic chives (see Note), cut into 5 cm lengths.
- Prepare of sesame seeds and kimchi (optional), to serve.
Flavorful and exquisite Japchae is made of sweet potato noodles, julienne vegetables, and sliced beef tossed in a Korean soy Japchae 잡채 (Korean Stir Fried Noodles). Japchae – Korean Glass Noodles with Stir-fried Vegetables). Garnish Japchae with reserved egg ribbons and more sesame seeds as desired. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Japchae step by step
- Blanch spinach in boiling salted water for 20 seconds or until bright green. Plunge into iced water then drain well. Set aside..
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and garlic in a bowl and set aside. Heat 2 teaspoons of sesame oil in a wok over high heat. Season egg with salt and pepper and pour into wok, swirling to make a thin layer. Cook for 30 seconds or until set. Cool slightly, roll up and then slice..
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain well, drizzle with a little sesame oil and toss to combine..
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1½ tablespoons of sesame oil in a large wok or frying pan until hot. Add mushroom and onion, and cook for 2 minutes or until tender. Add zucchini and cook for 1 minute or until just tender. Add noodles, soy sauce mixture, spinach and garlic chives, toss to combine and cook until warmed through. Serve scattered with sesame seeds and topped with egg and kimchi, if desired..
- NOTES Sweet potato vermicelli (dangmyeon) is available from Asian food shops. Garlic chives are available from Asian grocers, substitute regular chives..
Make japchae if you want a comforting and nutritionally balanced meal. The sweet potato noodles are tossed with beef and veggies in a sweet savory sauce. Japchae – Korean noodle dish with sweet potato noodles and vegetables. Japchae Korean Glass Noodles with Vegetables. Toss gently to combine everything with your hand or/and tongs.