Japchae. Beef, carrot, eggs, garlic, green onion, ground black pepper, onion, red bell pepper, salt, sesame oil, sesame seeds, shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, spinach, starch noodles, sugar, vegetable oil, white oyster mushrooms. Japchae (or chapchae) is a classic Korean dish everyone loves! Find out how to make authentic, delicious japchae with this time Japchae (Stir-Fried Starch Noodles with Beef and Vegetables).
It typically requires meat and vegetables (unless. Japchae is a simple Korean noodle dish packed with a rainbow of vegetables and steak. Our japchae recipe is an easy, delicious dish that's also gluten-free! You can have Japchae using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Japchae
- It’s 1 bag of Korean sweet potato noodle, Dangmyun.
- It’s of Meat/protein.
- Prepare of Sirloin, chuck, short ribs, or tri-tip beef.
- You need of Shrimp.
- Prepare of Pork patty.
- You need 2-3 of eggs.
- Prepare of Veggies.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of orange bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of large carrot.
- Prepare 1 clove of chopped garlic.
- Prepare 5 of shiitake mushroom (optional).
- You need 1 bag of spinach (optional).
- Prepare of Sauce.
- It’s of sesame oil.
- Prepare of sesame seed.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Rice wine (optional).
- You need of Soy sauce.
- It’s of Oyster sauce.
- You need of Sugar.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
Flavorful and exquisite Japchae is made of sweet potato noodles, julienne vegetables, and sliced beef tossed in a Korean soy Japchae 잡채 (Korean Stir Fried Noodles). Japchae – Korean Glass Noodles with Stir-fried Vegetables). Garnish Japchae with reserved egg ribbons and more sesame seeds as desired. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Japchae step by step
- To prepare the noodle: 1)Boil 1 bag of Korean sweet potato noodle in a big pot for about 15 min or until it gets soft. 2)Drain the noodles and put in a big bowl..
- To prepare the meat: 1)Peel the shrimp and slice the beef and pork patty into long thin strips and put it in a bowl. 2)In the same bowl, add 1 clove of chopped garlic, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil, and 1/2 tablespoon of rice wine. 3)Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and stir fry the mixture..
- To prepare the eggs: 1)Lightly beat 2-3 eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of salt. 2)Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil into a pan. 3)Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook. 4)Cut the egg into thin strips and set aside in a plate..
- To prepare the vegetables: 1)Boil 1 bag of spinach with 1 teaspoon of salt in a pot for 10s. Then Remove spinach from pot, rinse with cold water and squeeze to drain out the excess water. Put aside on a plate. 2)cut 1/2 onion into thin slices, cut 1 red and yellow bell pepper into thin slices, and cut the 5 shiitake mushroom into thin slices. 3)Shred one large carrot.
- 4)Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil to a pan and stir fry the sliced onion with a pinch of salt and put aside on the same plate with the eggs. 5)Using the same pan, add 1 teaspoons of oil, stir fry the shredded carrots with a pinch of salt and put aside on the same plate. 6)Add 1 teaspoon of oil into a pan, stir fry the thin slices of bell pepper with a pinch of salt and put to aside on the same plate. 7)Stir fry shiitake mushroom without salt and oil. Put to aside on the same plate..
- To prepare the sauce: 1)Mix 1/3 cup of soy sauce, 1/3 cup of sugar or honey, 2 tablespoon of sesame oil, 1 tablespoon of sesame seed, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper in a cup..
- 1)Add 2 tablespoon of sesame oil into the big bowl of noodle. 2)Add 2/3 of the sauce into the noodles and mix. 3)Pour the noodle on the plate with the cooked vegetables and egg. 4)Add the cooked meat. 5)Add the rest of the sauce and mix. 6)Add 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce and mix..
Make japchae if you want a comforting and nutritionally balanced meal. The sweet potato noodles are tossed with beef and veggies in a sweet savory sauce. Japchae – Korean noodle dish with sweet potato noodles and vegetables. Japchae Korean Glass Noodles with Vegetables. Toss gently to combine everything with your hand or/and tongs.