Korean Chap Chae Noodles.
You can cook Korean Chap Chae Noodles using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Korean Chap Chae Noodles
- You need 1 packages of Daang Myun Noodles (aka: Sweet Potato starch Noodles or Glass Noodles).
- Prepare 1 packages of Baby Spinach, paraboiled.
- It’s 1 cup of Nappa cabbage, curly tops only, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 lb of Beef, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 of Carrots, julienned.
- You need 5 of Mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 5 of Fresh Shiitake mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1 medium of Onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 5 of Green onions, green tops only, 1 inch cuts.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 of Sesame oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sesame seeds, garnish.
Korean Chap Chae Noodles step by step
- Traditionally, Chap Chae is vegetarian. Adding the beef is optional. If adding, marinate beef in 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and a PINCH of baking soda. Mixed very well, marinate at least a hour at room temperature..
- Boil noodles for 10 minutes until soft and chewy. Drain. Save water to paraboil spinach. Toss noodles with tablespoon each of Sesame oil and soy sauce, enough to coat. Be careful, noodles are very HOT. Add spinach. Set aside..
- Over medium high heat, heat olive oil in a wok and saute onions and garlic with the beef. Add veggies. Then green onions at the end..
- Stir fy until beef is cooked and and cartots are softened. Turn off heat, add 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, dash of sesame oil, and black pepper. Mix well..
- Combine the stir fry with the noodle and spinach mixture. Toss together well. Add more sugar and soy sauce to taste. Garnish with sesame seeds..
- * The noodles will absorb a lot of flavor, because it is made of sweet potato or mung bean starch. Therefore, you will find yourself adding soy sauce a lot. Other veggies can be added such as, red bell peppers or zucchini. These noodles are gluten free..