Lemon Chicken Breasts with Capers. Boneless chicken breasts are stuffed with capers, lemon zest, and Parmesan. This chicken piccata recipe with lemon caper sauce is a quick and easy weeknight meal. Chicken breasts are thicker on one end and taper down on the other side.
Learn how to prepare this easy Baked Lemon and Caper Chicken Breasts recipe like a pro. This simple chicken recipes features chicken breasts browned in a skillet then topped with a flavorful sauce of lemon juice, capers, parsley, and vermouth. Round out the meal by serving the chicken over pasta with a side dish of. You can cook Lemon Chicken Breasts with Capers using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Chicken Breasts with Capers
- It’s 6 oz of 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fine, dry breadcrumbs.
- You need 4 tbsp of capers, rinsed, drained, patted dry, and chopped.
- You need 1 of lemon, zested and juiced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh flat-leaf parsley.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 medium of garlic cloves, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lower-sodium chicken broth.
Chicken Piccata With Mushrooms And Capers Recipes. Lemon-Garlic Roasted Chicken Breasts with PanzanellaFeed Me Phoebe. Lemon Chicken Piccata – a simple yet super impressive chicken piccata in a tasty lemon, butter and capers sauce. The chicken breasts are skinless and boneless, and thinly sliced lengthwise or butterflied.
Lemon Chicken Breasts with Capers step by step
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 425°F..
- Make a lengthwise horizontal slice almost through each chicken breast and open each up like a book..
- Flatten the chicken with a meat mallet until it is 1/4" thick..
- put the cheese, breadcrumbs, 3 Tbsp capers, lemon zest, and 1 Tbsp parsley in a mini chopper of food processor and pulse a few times to combine..
- Sprinkle the mixture on top of the chicken breasts..
- Fold each breast closed and secure with toothpicks..
- Sprinkle the breasts with salt and pepper..
- Heat 1 Tbsp butter and the oil in a large (12"), heavy-duty, oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat until the butter melts and starts to foam, about 2 minutes..
- Add the chicken and cook, without touching, until it browns and easily releases from the pan, about 2 minutes..
- Turn the chicken and cook the other side until browned, about 2 more minutes..
- Add the garlic and the remaining 1 Tbsp capers to the skillet, transfer the pan to the oven, and roast uncovered until the chicken cooks through (165°F), about 8 minutes..
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and tent with foil..
- Set the skillet over medium-high heat; add the chicken broth and cook, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen any brown bits, until it reduces by half, about 2 minutes..
- Remove from heat and whisk in 2 Tbsp of the lemon juice and the remaining 2 Tbsp of butter..
- Taste and add more lemon juice, salt, and pepper, if needed..
- Serve the chicken drizzled with the butter sauce and sprinkled with the remaining 1 Tbsp parsley..
They are generously seasoned with salt and pepper then dredged through flour. Press the chicken breasts into the mixture, coating them evenly all over and shaking off any excess. Stir in the lemon juice and capers and heat through. Preparation Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Place chicken breast halves between two sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper.