Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts. This cheesy broccoli chicken is the perfect comfort food on a cold day. Use thin-sliced cutlets to save some time or cut regular-sized chicken breasts if you prefer. Mash cheese wedges with a fork in a small bowl and stir to a creamy consistency.
Lightly secure openings of chicken breast with toothpicks so the stuffing stays secured. Just don't forget to remove the toothpicks once seared. Make chicken: Open butterflied chicken pieces. You can cook Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts (boneless, skinless or skin on. I personally like the crunch the broiler gives the skin).
- Prepare 1 1/2 of broccoli chopped (this will work with one package of frozen broccoli as well.
- You need 1 packages of sliced portobello mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 each of small onion.
- You need 1 of chicken seasoning.
- You need 1 of black pepper.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded Italian cheese blend (divided).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 dash of each Weber roasted garlic and herb seasoning, Italian seasoning, basil leaves, oregano and soul seasoning.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place a bit of steamed broccoli and a bit of cheese in each. Fold over, and seal with toothpicks. Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Chicken is an easy weeknight meal.
Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts instructions
- If using boneless skinless chicken Butterfly and pound to about 1/4 inch thick. Bone in: Slice chicken half way through and leave the bottom in tact (it should look like a boat).
- Brush outer layer of chicken with olive oil and season with chicken seasoning and pepper, set aside.
- Slice onion, broccoli and mushrooms into small pieces and sauté in the butter until veggies are soft and onion is translucent.
- Season to taste with Italian seasoning, basil leaves, pepper, oregano and soul seasoning.
- Remove veggie mixture from skillet to deep bowl for stirring. Add half the cheddar cheese and half the Italian cheese to veggie mixture and stir until well blended.
- Carefully and equally stuff each chicken breast with veggie mixture be sure to leave open side up.
- Sprinkle remainder of cheddar cheese on top of chicken breasts followed by remainder of Italian cheese you can use toothpicks to hold the chicken "boats" closed but be sure to remove them all before eating.
- Season the top of the chicken with a dash of Weber garlic and herb seasoning, Italian seasoning, basil leaves, pepper and oregano.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour (or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, depending on thickness) drain juice from pan.
- Turn oven off and Turn broiler on high and broil for the last 10-15 minutes checking constantly as broilers are quick to burn.
- Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy.
Lightly seared on the outside, stuffed with broccoli and cheddar cheese, and finished in Plus, frozen broccoli will add extra moisture and will make your filling watery. Breaded Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Cheese Recipes. Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast with BroccoliSavory With Soul. It will depend on how large your chicken breasts are. Don't worry about trying to stuff in.