Julia Child's Chicken Breasts with Mushroom and White Wine Sauce.
You can have Julia Child's Chicken Breasts with Mushroom and White Wine Sauce using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Julia Child's Chicken Breasts with Mushroom and White Wine Sauce
- You need 4 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a lemon, juiced.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need Pinch of pepper.
- Prepare 5 T. of butter.
- Prepare 1 T. of minced shallots or green onions.
- You need 1 c. of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s of For the sauce:.
- It’s 1/4 c. of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/4 c. of white wine.
- Prepare 1 c. of heavy whipping cream.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need 2 T. of minced parsley (optional).
Julia Child's Chicken Breasts with Mushroom and White Wine Sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to 400* Rub the chicken breasts with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat the butter in an oven safe pan, over medium heat, until it is foaming. Stir in the minced shallots or green onion and saute a moment without browning. Then stir in the mushrooms and saute lightly for a minute or two without browning. Sprinkle with salt..
- Quickly roll the chicken in the butter mixture and lay a piece of buttered wax paper over them, cover casserole and place in hot oven. After 20-30 minutes (depending on thickness of chicken) ,press top of chicken with your finger. If still soft, return to oven for a moment or two. When the meat is springy to the touch it is done..
- Remove the chicken to a warm platter (leave mushrooms in the pot) and cover while making the sauce (2 to 3 minutes). To make sauce, pour the stock and wine in the casserole with the cooking butter and mushrooms. Boil down quickly over high heat until liquid is syrupy. Stir in the cream and boil down again over high heat until cream has thickened slightly. Off heat, taste for seasoning, and add drops of lemon juice to taste. Pour the sauce over the chicken, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately..