Korean Spicy Fried Chicken (Yangnyeom-tongdak).
You can cook Korean Spicy Fried Chicken (Yangnyeom-tongdak) using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Korean Spicy Fried Chicken (Yangnyeom-tongdak)
- Prepare 1.5 kg of chicken chunks.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of black pepper ground.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of potato starch powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of glutinous rice flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare of / canolavegetable oil.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1/3 cup of tomato ketchup.
- You need 1/3 cup of pepper hot paste.
- You need 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- It’s of sesame seeds roasted.
Korean Spicy Fried Chicken (Yangnyeom-tongdak) instructions
- Rinse chicken in cold water. Drain.
- Add 1 teaspoon ground black pepper and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add 1/2 cup potato starch powder, 1/4 cup all purpose flour, 1/4 cup glutinous rice flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1 egg.
- Mix well by hand and completely coat the chicken.
- Pour the canola oil in frying pan and heat it up.
- Test the oil by dipping a piece of chicken into the oil. If oil bubbles, correct temperature has been reached.
- Fry using double-frying method: Fry over high heat for 10 minutes, strain for a few minutes, and fry again until golden brown.
- For the sauce, put 1 tablespoon canola oil and 4 cloves of minced garlic into a heated pan.
- Add 1/3 cup tomato ketchup, 1/3 cup honey, 1/4 cup hot pepper paste, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and simmer mixture for about 7 minutes. Keep heat low so as not to burn the sauce..
- Once chicken is done, reheat sauce if sauce is cold..
- Pour over chicken and gently mix with a wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds on top and enjoy while hot..