Korean Fried Chicken.
You can cook Korean Fried Chicken using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Korean Fried Chicken
- It’s 1 kg of Chicken pieces.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Salt or as preferred.
- You need 3/4 tablespoon of Black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Milk.
- You need 100 gram of Corn flour.
- It’s as needed of Oil for deep frying.
- It’s 10 of Red Dried chillies.
- You need 1/4 cup of Water or as required.
- You need 4 of Garlic.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Vinegar.
- You need 1.5 tablespoon of Dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of White sesame seeds.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Sesame oil.
Korean Fried Chicken instructions
- Firstly, pat dry the cleaned chicken pieces. Marinate the chicken pieces using salt, ginger garlic paste, black pepper powder, milk..
- Rub the marinade on the chicken pieces and let it marinate for 4 hours or overnight under refrigeration..
- Marinated chicken is here..
- In a plate, take Corn flour. Take each marinated chicken piece and roll over the corn flour until the piece gets coated well all the sides. Likewise, flour coat every chicken piece and keep aside in a dry plate for 5 to 7 mins. Heat oil in a wok for deep frying until the oil temperature reaches 350degrees. Bring down the heat and drop the flour coated chicken pieces into the hot oil. Keep frying the chicken in low heat until they give out beige colour..
- Meantime, let’s prepare a fresh spicy paste that is needed for this Korean recipe. Soak red dried chillies in 1/4 cup water for 15 minutes. Then grind soaked chillies, garlic cloves by adding required water into a thick smooth paste. Keep It aside..
- Coming to our chicken that’s getting fried, take out the beige coloured fried pieces and place it on a dry plate. Preferably allowing oil to drain. Let it rest for 10 minutes. Now take these back to the wok and re fry in high heat until they (chicken pieces) turn golden brown. This 2 step frying method keeps the moisture of the chicken intact..
- 2 step fried chicken is ready. Drain out excess oil and keep aside..
- For final sauce coating step, add 3 tablespoons hot oil (used for frying chicken) in a wide pan. Add the ground chilli paste to the hot oil. Keep cooking the paste until raw smell disappears. You can see the colour turning rich and deep. Add vinegar..
- Then pour in soya sauce. Mix and cook for a min. Drop in the fried chicken pieces. Quickly toss and coat the fried chicken in the spicy sauce. Though the original recipe calls for sugar, Adding sugar is optional here. I omitted sugar as we prefer spicy spicy version. Let the chicken sit in the sauce and get fried for another 2 minutes or until they get that sauce coated and crunch effect. Throw in some white sesame seeds. Drizzle sesame oil. Give a quick toss..
- Here we go, Hot hot Korean Fried Chicken is ready to serve..