Spicy Korean fish stew.
You can have Spicy Korean fish stew using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Korean fish stew
- It’s 1 lb of whole fish(e.g. progie, bass, snapper, Flounder and etc).
- It’s 2 cup of mung sprouts.
- You need 1/2 pack of firm tofu.
- It’s 1 bundle of mung glass noodle.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- It’s 1 cup of leek.
- You need 2 of green onions.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of korean hot pepper flakes.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 Tsp of honey or brown rice syrup or sugar.
- You need 1 Tsp of gochujang.
- It’s 1 Tsp of garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of white toasted sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of rice flour + 1/4 cup water to make starchy water.
Spicy Korean fish stew step by step
- Flaky fish such as flounder, porgie, bass, red snapper (yellow tails) or mullet are great good choice for this recipe. Fresh mackerel is also very good but salmon or tuna are not good here. Boil the cleaned fish covered by water for 5 minutes..
- While the fish is boiling, make the paste by mixing hot pepper flakes with soy sauce, garlic ginger paste, gochujang, honey and starchy water. Set aside..
- Discard half of the cooking water (fish stock can be used for other dishes). Add the bean sprouts, cubed firm tofu, sliced onion and mung bean glass noodle. Stir in half amount of the sauce. Bring it to a boil and reduce to simmer and cook for 10~ 15 minutes. Make sure the simmering the liquid is not too much or too little (soak up by the glass noodle). Adjust seasoning with the remainder paste. Top with green onion and toasted sesame seeds. Serve with bread or rice..