Cheese Jeon with Shio-kombu and Pork.
You can have Cheese Jeon with Shio-kombu and Pork using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheese Jeon with Shio-kombu and Pork
- Prepare 100 grams of ●Plain flour.
- Prepare 165 grams of ●Water.
- It’s 15 grams of Shio-kombu.
- It’s 80 grams of Pork offcuts or pork belly.
- You need 50 grams of Chinese chives.
- You need 50 grams of Cheese (easy melting type).
- It’s 1 of Sesame oil and black pepper.
Cheese Jeon with Shio-kombu and Pork step by step
- Cut the pork into small pieces. Mix the pork with 5 g of shio-kombu and 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil and leave to stand (it's also delicious with grated garlic.).
- Meanwhile cut the Chinese chives into 1-cm widths. Mix the ● ingredients well..
- Add the Chinese chives, cheese and pork from Step 1 into the mixed ● ingredients (mix well until everything is well combined)..
- Stir in the rest of shio-kombu..
- Heat sesame oil or vegetable oil in a frying pan. Place a good portion of the batter into the pan and fry..
- Once the bottom is golden brown, flip over. Press down with a spatula..
- When both sides are crispy and brown, it is done (I made eleven 7-8 cm diameter jeon)..
- Sprinkle with coarsely ground black pepper (or ichimi spice if you like it spicy)..