Not Difficult At All: Oi-sobagi (Stuffed Cucumber Kimchi) Super Easy.
You can cook Not Difficult At All: Oi-sobagi (Stuffed Cucumber Kimchi) Super Easy using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Not Difficult At All: Oi-sobagi (Stuffed Cucumber Kimchi) Super Easy
- You need 3 of Cucumbers.
- It’s 1 of to 2 heaped teaspoons Salt.
- You need of Stuffing ingredients:.
- You need 5 of to 6 stalks Green onion.
- You need 20 of cm White part of a Japanese leek.
- Prepare 7 of to 8 stalks Chinese chives.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot (julienned).
- You need 1 of grated, a tiny bit Garlic.
- It’s 1 of grated, 1 heaped teaspoon Ginger.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 tablespoons, (to taste) Toasted white sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★ Dried shrimp (the kind you put into okonomiyaki).
- You need 1 tbsp of ★ Shredded squid (dried).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ★ Fish sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of ★ Sake.
- You need of The Seasonings:.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sake.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dashi stock granules.
- It’s 1 tsp of Gochujang.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Korean chili pepper powder.
- It’s 1 of dash, (to taste) Salt.
Not Difficult At All: Oi-sobagi (Stuffed Cucumber Kimchi) Super Easy instructions
- "Oi" means cucumber in Korean. Cut each cucumber into thirds. Make a crisscross cut into each one lengthwise, leaving about 1/4 of each piece intact..
- Dissolve the salt in hot water, add water to cool and put in the cucumber. Leave like that for an hour. Turn it over once in a while..
- So let's make the stuffing in the meantime. To start with, let's make the saeujeot (fermented krill) substitute with the ★ ingredients..
- Chop up the ★ ingredients finely, add the fish sauce and sake, leave for about 5 minutes then microwave for 30 seconds. Don't forget to cover with plastic wrap..
- Roughly chop up the green onion, leek and chives. Mix them, the julienned carrot, the combined ingredients from Step 4, ginger, garlic, and the seasonings in a bowl..
- If you like, add lots of garlic..
- Mix everything together. Taste, and add salt or other things if needed..
- Those cucumbers that were resting in brine, if they're too salty rinse them off quickly, and pat dry well….
- Stuff in the stuffing. Sprinkle any that's left over on the cucumber..
- And it's done. Drizzle on a bit of sesame oil when you eat it if you like..
- The method is almost the same in this recipe: Raw Oyster Kimchi. Take a look!.