Korean-style Seared Skipjack Tuna.
You can have Korean-style Seared Skipjack Tuna using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Korean-style Seared Skipjack Tuna
- You need 1/2 of a fish Seared or sashimi skipjack tuna (bonito or katsuo).
- It’s 2 of to 3 Cucumbers (small).
- Prepare 1 stalk of worth White part of a Japanese leek , finely shredded.
- Prepare of For the sauce:.
- You need 2 tbsp of White or black sesame seeds.
- You need 4 tbsp of Finely chopped Japanese leek.
- It’s 1 tsp of Finely chopped ginger.
- You need 4 tbsp of each Soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil.
- You need 1 dash of Ichimi chili pepper powder.
Korean-style Seared Skipjack Tuna step by step
- Finely shred the white part of a leek and soak in a bowl of water (this is called "white-hair leek")..
- Combine all the sauce ingredients..
- Slice the tuna as you would sashimi. Finely julienne the cucumbers..
- Line a plate with the cucumbers..
- Lay the tuna slices on top..
- Drain and dry the white leek well, and scatter on top of the skipjack tuna..
- Pour the sauce over everything, and enjoy!.
- This is also delicious with bitter gourd instead of cucumber. Slice the bitter gourd very thinly and boil in salted water..