Easy and Authentic Kimchi Jjigae in Just 10 Minutes!.
You can cook Easy and Authentic Kimchi Jjigae in Just 10 Minutes! using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy and Authentic Kimchi Jjigae in Just 10 Minutes!
- You need 1 of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Kimchi.
- Prepare 1 block of Tofu (silken).
- You need 1 bunch of Bean sprouts.
- It’s 1 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 of or 2 teaspoons Shredded garlic.
- You need 1 of heaping tablespoon ☆Doenjang (Korean miso) or if not available, Japanese miso..
- You need 1 of heaping tablespoon ☆Gochujang.
- It’s 1 of (to taste), optional ☆Red chile pepper powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of ☆ Dashida.
- You need 1 tbsp of ☆Sake.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ☆Mirin.
Easy and Authentic Kimchi Jjigae in Just 10 Minutes! instructions
- Add sesame oil to a hot earthenware bowl and fry the kimchi and garlic. Be careful not to burn it!.
- Add hot water after you're able to smell the sesame oil and kimchi cooking..
- Add the tofu. Breaking up into smaller pieces by squeezing it with your hand will give it a better flavor..
- Add a heaping tablespoon of Korean miso (or Japanese miso) and gochujang one at a time and then any extra seasonings (☆)..
- Boil gently and sample to check the flavor. Proceed to the next step if it's ok. Add Korean red hot pepper to make spicier, or some raw egg to make it milder..
- Finally, add bean sprouts and quickly bring to a boil..
- Bon Appetit!.
- It goes great with beer..
- Here's what I made on November 9, 2010: using pork, king oyster mushroom, scallions, tofu, egg, and natto (fermented soy beans)..
- The strong sour taste of the kimchi matches well with the earthenware bowls. I highly recommend using proper Korean-style kimchi as opposed to other kinds..
- Here's what I made on Feb 23, 2011: with tofu, bean sprouts, kimchi, pork, and egg. I slipped in a little Korean red hot pepper at the end as well..
- This time I added natto to the recipe. Natto jjigae is really good!.