Korean Fried Chicken. This Korean fried chicken is perfect for any occasion and I'm sure everyone will fall in love with it instantly. Learn how to make it in three simple steps! Be sure to click the BELL ICON to get my latest videos.
Korean Fried Chicken – the BEST Korean fried chicken recipe that yields crispy fried chicken in spicy, savory and sweet Gochujang sauce. This Korean fried chicken (KFC) is double fried until extra crispy, then tossed in a sticky, sweet and spicy sauce. The only Korean Fried Chicken recipe you'll ever need! You can have Korean Fried Chicken using 26 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Korean Fried Chicken
- Prepare of coating.
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of cornflour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- It’s of bbq sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sweet chilli.
- You need 2 tbsp of hot sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ketchup.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- You need 2 of chopped garlic cloves.
- It’s of batter.
- You need 60 g of cornflour.
- It’s 25 g of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 30 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of black onion seeds/onion powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 90 ml of vodka.
- Prepare of vegetable oil (frying).
- You need 2 tbsp of hot sauce.
I guess Korean Fried Chicken was destined to become famous – just like Colonel Sanders' Right, so actually, "Korean Fried Chicken" refers to a whole set of Korean fried chicken dishes, not just. This Korean fried chicken is chicken thighs in a crispy coating that are tossed in a sweet, spicy and savory sauce. A unique meal or snack that's totally delicious! Korean Fried Chicken is a deliciously crispy chicken with a super sticky and savory bite you'll love.
Korean Fried Chicken step by step
- Coating- combine all ingredients bar chicken.
- Add chicken, coat and set aside.
- BBQ sauce- combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer for 3 mins until slightly thickened and set aside.
- For the chicken, place a large, wide, pan over a medium-high heat, fill with oil (at least 5cm deep) and heat.
- Batter- Whisk together dry ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together the hot sauce, vodka and 240ml water.
- Just before you're ready to cook the chicken, whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and coat chicken.
- Cook the chicken in 2 batches for 8-10 mins in the hot oil until crispy (turn about).
Korean Fried Chicken is a dish I first tried in New York about. Korean Fried Chicken made with a simple crispy batter and tossed in a sweet and sour sticky sauce. Nicknamed "candy chicken," Korean fried chicken is known for its addictively crunchy exterior and its thick sweet-and-spicy sauce. When made right, even the bones become crunchy enough to eat (if. Chef John's Korean fried chicken is tender and juicy while maintaining a plate-scratching crispiness "I've always considered myself something of a fried chicken expert.