Bulgogi Marinade for Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs.
You can cook Bulgogi Marinade for Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bulgogi Marinade for Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- You need 4 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- You need 1/2 of a small apple, finely grated using a microplane or fine cheese grater (or you can use 1/4 cup apple sauce).
- It’s 1.5-2 Tablespoons of minced garlic (about 3 or 4 large cloves).
- You need 1/3 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mirin.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of + 2 Tablespoons soy sauce.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of toasted sesame oil.
- You need 2 of green onions chopped (green and white parts).
- You need of optional: 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger or 1.5 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root.
Bulgogi Marinade for Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs instructions
- I usually just throw everything into a large mixing bowl and get in there with my hands, gently tossing and massaging until all the seasonings are evenly distributed. If you prefer, you can mix all the marinade ingredients in a separate bowl, stir or whisk until all the sugar is dissolved, and then pour it over the chicken thighs and mix..
- I like to marinate it for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours. Right around 6 to 8 hours is the sweet spot for me, where all the chicken takes on great flavor, but the texture of the meat hasn't taken on cured qualities and is tender, juicy, and still chicken-y. :).
- Because it is dark and somewhat fatty meat, you'll want to grill over a medium low heat for 5 to 7 minutes per side, depending on the size of the thigh piece. Watch for flareups as the caramelized marinade mixed with the melting chicken fat hits the coals..