Korean pancakes with chives and crown daisy. Korean Chive Pancake (Buchujeon) uses Garlic Chives and is one of those foods that may seem like there is not much difference between different recipes but just like how there can be big difference in taste and texture between a plain ol' breakfast pancake that you get from McDonalds and pancakes. Simple Korean savory pancakes made with buchu (garlic chives)! Learn how to make it two ways!
Chili pepper, chives, eggs, flour, green chili pepper, green onion, salt, scallop, shrimp, vegetable oil, water, zucchini. Delicious and easy scallion & shrimp Korean pancake made with cake flour, dip crispy pancake in spicy soy sauce to enhance flavor. Scallions are important for this recipe, and you can easily make it into vegetarian by omitting prawns. You can have Korean pancakes with chives and crown daisy using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Korean pancakes with chives and crown daisy
- Prepare 2 cup of crown daisy (just the leaves).
- Prepare 1 cup of korean chives (quartered).
- It’s 4 cup of flour (if you dont have korean pancake flour).
- It’s 2 cup of cold water.
- Prepare 1 of salt (to taste).
- It’s 1 of pepper (to taste).
- It’s 3 tbsp of any oil you'd like.
Crown daisy, called "ssukgat" in Korean, is an edible chrysanthemum. It gives extra flavor to some dishes and soups, similar to the way some herbs are used in Western cuisine to add flavor. Crown daisy jeon is considered a healthy and tasty Korean pancake. This recipe for Korean Pancakes (called Pajeon or Pa Jun) with Scallions and Dipping Sauce is wonderful for a snack, appetizer or light lunch.
Korean pancakes with chives and crown daisy instructions
- Wisk flour, COLD water (makes the pancake much crispier), salt and pepper.
- Mix in the crown daisy and chives (its also good with zucchini! ).
- Heat pan. Add in oil.
- Spread out the pancake mix thinly (thinner the crispier).
- I like to eat it with korean pepper paste sauce. Most people like soy sauce with red pepper flakes, sesame oil, scallions, minced garlic.
The tender scallions impart a fresh, mild bite, and the slightly sweet and savory dipping sauce is the perfect compliment to the crispy, fried pancake. Make Korean pancakes with this easy scallion pancake recipe (pa jeon or pa jun). This Korean scallion pancake (pa jun) recipe is easy to make and is always a big crowd-pleaser. It works as a hearty snack, an appetizer, or a side dish in a Korean or Asian meal. Buchujeon (Korean Pancakes Made with Garlic Chives).