Easy Cheese Hotteok (Korean cheese stuffed pancakes.
You can have Easy Cheese Hotteok (Korean cheese stuffed pancakes using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Cheese Hotteok (Korean cheese stuffed pancakes
- It’s 1 pack (7 grams) of instant active dry yeast.
- It’s 3/4 cup of lukewarm water.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sweet rice flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 4 tbsp. of oil.
Easy Cheese Hotteok (Korean cheese stuffed pancakes instructions
- Sift the all purpose flour, sweet rice flour, sugar and salt and place it in a large bowl..
- In a cup, combine the dry yeast and lukewarm water. Mix thoroughly..
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry..
- When the mixture comes together, use your hands to fold the excess flour into the mixture. You have done it right when your bowl is nice and clean. Make sure it is evenly mixed..
- Use 2 tbsp. of oil, and cover the dough with it..
- Use plastic wrap to cover the surface where air is still enabled..
- Let it sit for 1-2 hours..
- When ready, take a good amount of the dough and even it out so it looks like a small circle..
- Take a good amount of the shredded cheese and place it in the center of the dough..
- Take the sides and bring it to the center of the circle, making it a bun. Make sure it is secured and does not open..
- On a frying pan add the 2 tbsp. of oil or 2 tbsp of butter, and place the balls onto a medium heat..
- After 30 seconds, flip, and use a flat surface to push it down so it's 1/2 cm to 1 inch thick..
- When it's golden brown on the other side, flip until the other side is golden brown..
- Let it cool and slice it in half, enjoy your cheese hotteok!.