Dak Bulgogi (Korean Style Spicy Chicken) Kabobs.
You can cook Dak Bulgogi (Korean Style Spicy Chicken) Kabobs using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dak Bulgogi (Korean Style Spicy Chicken) Kabobs
- You need 12-15 of bamboo skewers soaked in water for at least an hour.
- You need 2-2.5 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into roughly 1.5-inch *cubes* (to the extent that you can cut chicken thigh meat into cubes, which is to say not really).
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of minced garlic (about 3 cloves).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of minced fresh ginger root (or you could use about 1/4 teaspoon dry ginger powder).
- You need 1 of green onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/8 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of gochujang (Korean red chili paste) You can substitute with sriracha – not quite the same, but you'll get a tasty result.
- It’s 1/8 cup of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1.5 Tablespoons of neutral oil (like vegetable, canola, grapeseed).
- Prepare 1 of large onion, cut into 1" pieces for skewering and tossed with 2 teaspoonfuls of oil.
Dak Bulgogi (Korean Style Spicy Chicken) Kabobs instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the onion, making sure to incorporate all of them thoroughly..
- Cover the bowl and set in the fridge to marinate (about 1 hour ideally, and not more than 2). Remember to take the meat out of the fridge about 30 minutes before you're ready to grill. If you're using a charcoal grill, start your coals about 20 to 25 minutes before you want to grill. You want a gentle, medium low heat over which to cook these kebabs. If gas, just pre-heat your grill to medium low 5 to 7 minutes before cooking..
- Skewer your kabobs so they look like this. 6 single layers of onion with 5 roughly 1"layers of chicken skewered between them. As you've probably discovered by now, it's a little challenging to get 1" cubes of meat from chicken thighs, but you generally want a 1" thickness of meat between veg, so you might have to add odd pieces of chicken to the bigger ones to achieve this thickness. I used only onions mostly because I think it tastes simple and delicious this way..
- Over a medium low grill, cook the kebabs about 15 minutes, covered, turning them every 5 minutes..