Korean Potato Banchan Gamja Jorim. Korean Braised Potatoes – Gamja Jorim Recipe. Baby potatoes are roasted then simmered in sweet and salty brine. It's delicious Korean potato side Soy sauce braised baby potatoes are a popular Korean side dish.
Gamja jorim is a braised potato dish. It's very popular as a side dish at home and restaurants and for home-packed lunch boxes. Jorim refers to dishes made by simmering the main ingredient in sauce until the sauce is reduced. You can have Korean Potato Banchan Gamja Jorim using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Korean Potato Banchan Gamja Jorim
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1 lb of baby potatoes, large ones cut into halves and small ones leave as whole.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 5 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of honey (reduce to 3 tbsp to your taste).
- Prepare of sesame seeds for garnish.
The potatoes are braised in a slightly sweet, soy-based sauce until the sauce is. Corn syrup, garlic, olive oil, potato, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sugar, water, white oyster mushrooms. Korean potato, Gamja Jorim is such a popular and easy to make Korean side dish and it is definitely one of the most requested banchan recipe form you guys so Koran potato can be eaten hot, cold or room temp! This Korean potato side dish aka 'Gamja Jorim' is a popular side dish (banchan) in Korean cuisine!
Korean Potato Banchan Gamja Jorim step by step
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, add cooking oil and potatoes. Pan fry the potatoes about 4 to 5 minutes or until the potatoes’s edges are slightly light golden brown..
- Mix water and soy sauce. Pour soy sauce mixture into the potatoes and bring it to boil..
- Add honey into the potatoes and bring it to boil. Keep hard boil until most of the liquid is gone and thicken, 15 to 20 mins or until the potatoes are fully cooked. Stir occasionally so the potatoes will cook evenly and coated with the sauce evenly..
- Remove from heat and garnish with sesame seeds to your taste. You can serve immediately or keep it in a fridge for 3 to 4 days. It can be eaten cold, room temperature or hot. Enjoy!.
Enjoy with steamed rice for an easy Korean meal! korean potato side dish or Gamja Jorim plated as banchan. Korean potato side dish…this is probably what most people will call it, I thought. Not many will remember Gamja Jorim but that's how it is called in Korean. Gamja Jorim is a very popular Korean potato recipe. It is best described as diced potatoes that are braised in garlic soy-sauce.