Mother's Stewed Mackerel and Daikon Radish with Gochujiang Chilli Paste. Garlic, green chili pepper, hot pepper paste, kimchi, mackerel, onion, potato, saury, water. Daikon radish, ginger, green chili pepper, green onion, hot pepper flakes, korean radish, mackerel, onion, red chili pepper, soy sauce, sugar. Stewed mackerel with Gochujang sauce, radish, pumpkin and Kimchi, Korean food.
It adds lots of spicy, robust flavors to this simple stew which is made with a few very ordinary ingredients such as zucchini and potatoes. Tofu, mushrooms, onions or radishes would all be great. Kkakdugi is Korean cubed radish kimchi made with daikon. You can have Mother's Stewed Mackerel and Daikon Radish with Gochujiang Chilli Paste using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mother's Stewed Mackerel and Daikon Radish with Gochujiang Chilli Paste
- You need 2 fillets of Mackerel.
- It’s 1/2 of Daikon radish.
- Prepare 1 of knob Ginger.
- Prepare 200 ml of Japanese leek (or green onion).
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sake.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Gochujang.
- You need 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 133 ml of Water.
- You need 1 of Sesame seeds.
Mix the chili flakes with the radish evenly. I made the seasoning paste without it and am wondering if my kimchi will be OK without it and if the garlic serves any purpose other than flavour in this recipe. The Best Chinese Daikon Radish Recipes on Yummly Chinese Braised Daikon Radish, Chinese Braised Beef And Turnips (daikon Radish), Tamarind Stew Pork With Daikon/ Chinese Radish.
Mother's Stewed Mackerel and Daikon Radish with Gochujiang Chilli Paste instructions
- Cut each fillet into 3 even pieces. Sprinkle lightly with salt and chill in the fridge for about 1 hour to firm up the flesh..
- Peel the daikon radish and cut into 1-cm thick half rounds. Thinly slice the ginger. Cut the Japanese leek into 3-cm lengths. Grate or crush the garlic..
- Put the daikon radish in a sauce pan. (It will break apart while cooking if you add the fish first)..
- Add the mackerel, Japanese leek. ginger, grated garlic, and sake..
- Add the gochujiang, soy sauce, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer..
- Ladle the sauce over the fish occasionally to allow the mackerel to absorb the flavour. It's done when the daikon becomes tender. Sprinkle with plenty of sesame seeds..
Braised Beef Brisket, Tendons and Daikon Radish (Chinese Restaurant Style)Cooking with Alison. Gochujang or red chili paste is a savory, sweet, and spicy fermented condiment made from chili powder, glutinous rice, meju (fermented soybean) powder, yeotgireum (barley malt powder), and salt. The sweetness comes from the starch of cooked glutinous rice. Use it as you would tomato paste in cooking, dips, sauces or sandwich spread for spicy umami flavors. Ingredient-wise, the daikon radish, zucchini and chili peppers are a must.