Korean Fried Chicken.
You can have Korean Fried Chicken using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Korean Fried Chicken
- You need of Marinade:.
- You need 1 pound of skinless, boneless chicken thighs, quartered.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, grated.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fine salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s of Batter:.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of self-rising flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of white sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of very cold water, or as needed.
- You need of Oil.
Korean Fried Chicken step by step
- Stir chicken, onion, garlic, fine salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper together in a bowl until chicken is coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 4 hours to overnight..
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 171 degrees C)..
- Whisk cornstarch, flour, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt together in a large bowl. Gradually whisk ice water into flour in until mixture resembles a smooth pancake batter. Transfer chicken to batter and stir to coat chicken completely..
- Working in batches, cook chicken in preheated oil for 4 minutes. Transfer cooked chicken to a cooling rack..
- 5.Increase oil temperature in the deep-fryer or large saucepan to 190 degrees C)..
- Working in batches, cook chicken again in hot oil until golden brown and crispy on the outside, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to drain..