Korean Style Spicy Oven Baked Chicken Wings.
You can have Korean Style Spicy Oven Baked Chicken Wings using 18 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Korean Style Spicy Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- It’s 900 grams of Chicken wings (whole).
- You need 5 tbsp of ◎ Milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ◎ Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ◎ Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ◎ Sake.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★ Korean red chili pepper (or use 1 teaspoon of ichimi togarashi and 2 teaspoon of paprika powder).
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ★ Red chili pepper flakes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ★Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★ Sugar (or raw cane sugar).
- You need 1 tbsp of ★ Honey.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★ Sake.
- You need 4 clove of ★ Grated garlic.
- Prepare 1 of knob ★Grated ginger.
- You need 2 tbsp of ★Gochujang.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★Sesame oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★White sesame seeds.
- It’s 3 of to 4 tablespoons Flour (for dredging).
- It’s 1 dash of Black pepper (optional, to finish).
Korean Style Spicy Oven Baked Chicken Wings instructions
- Make the ◎ ingredients ready. (To pre-flavor the chicken wings.).
- Make the ★ ingredients ready. (These are for the marinade.).
- Wash the chicken wings in cold water, and dry very well with paper towels..
- Cut the joints of the chicken wings to divide into two pieces. Remove any excess fat..
- Score the skin of the wings several times..
- Soak the wings in the ◎ milk mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes..
- Combine all the ★ flavoring ingredients to make the marinade..
- Put the marinade in a plastic zip bag or similar sealable bag..
- Take the chicken wings out of the milk liquid and transfer to the plastic bag with the marinade. (Massage the marinade well into the chicken wings.).
- Seal the bag and double-bag it. Leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours to overnight. (Turn the bag over once.).
- The next day, line an oven pan with foil and set a rack on top. Oil the rack lightly. Preheat the oven to 190°C (370°F)..
- Take the wings out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking them. Dust them lightly with flour using a tea strainer. Line them on the rack skin side down..
- Bake in the upper part of the oven at 190°C (370°F) for 30 minutes, than at 260°C (500°F) for 5 minutes. Turn the wings over 15 minutes in..
- If the juices run clear when you poke a thick part of a wing with a knife, they are done. Take them out of the oven, and optionally sprinkle with black pepper while they are still hot..
- ※ You can buy Korean chili pepper powder at Korean grocery stores or in Ameyoko in Tokyo. It has a mild flavor, so it's not as spicy as it looks..