Authentic Mapo Tofu.
You can have Authentic Mapo Tofu using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Authentic Mapo Tofu
- Prepare 450 grams of Tofu (firm or silken).
- It’s 1/2 of Japanese leek.
- Prepare 150 grams of Minced pork.
- You need 1 tsp of ★Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★Tianmianjiang.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ☆Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ☆Doubanjiang.
- Prepare 200 ml of ◎Water.
- It’s 2 tsp of ◎Chicken soup stock granules.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ◎Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ◎Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ◎Tianmianjiang.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ◎Miso.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ◎Gochujang.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ●Katakuriko.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ●Water.
- Prepare 1/2 of to 1 tablespoon Ra-yu (optional).
- Prepare 1 of Sichuan pepper (optional).
Authentic Mapo Tofu step by step
- Mince the Japanese leek, referring to this recipe here: https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/171290-so-addicting-how-to-mince-a-leek Combine the ◎ ingredients. Mix the ● ingredients for the katakuriko slurry..
- Heat sesame oil (about 1 tablespoon) in a pan. Add the minced pork and stir well. Then, stir in the seasonings and mix thoroughly..
- Transfer the cooked mince to a plate. Next, cook the diced tofu in water on the lowest heat setting. Turn off the heat before it comes to a boil..
- Heat the pan and add the ingredients. Cook over medium heat until aromatic..
- Next, add the ◎ ingredients..
- Return the cooked minced meat to the pan and bring to a boil..
- Once boiled, add the cooked tofu. Simmer for about 1 minute..
- Turning the heat high, add the Japanese leek and katakuriko slurry. Stir gently to thicken. Stir in ra-yu if you like and serve..