Spicy ‘Goma-ae’ Chicken & Cucumber. Hourensou no goma-ae (菠薐草の胡麻和え) literally translates to "spinach dressed with sesame seeds". If that sounds simple, that's because it is. Get a bowl of iced water ready.
But these spicy Korean chicken thighs are actually quite healthy. Most recipes will ask you to add a bucket load of brown sugar but I always love the taste of These spicy Korean chicken thighs have a slightly barbecue like feel. Because the sauce has a sticky sweetness and it coats the chicken evenly. You can cook Spicy ‘Goma-ae’ Chicken & Cucumber using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy ‘Goma-ae’ Chicken & Cucumber
- It’s 1 of Continental Cucumber *OR 2 small Cucumbers.
- It’s 1 of Chicken Breast Fillet.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Sake.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare of <Sauce Ingredients>.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Toasted Sesame Seeds *ground.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Gochujang (Korean Spicy Miso).
- You need 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Sesame Oil.
Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl, add the chopped chicken. Supremely spicy with layers of earthy undertones, this Pakistani-influenced ground chicken makes for one delicious and complexly flavored skewer of meat. He said it was chicken keema, procured from a Pakistani butcher who informed him not to waste time with the mild keema and to go straight to the. Do use a spicy sausage for this dish as I have found using just plain pork sausage meat does not work as well.
Spicy ‘Goma-ae’ Chicken & Cucumber instructions
- Tear Chicken Breast Fillet into 2 to 3 pieces so that they will cook quickly. Place the chicken pieces in a heat-resistant bowl, sprinkle with Salt and Sake, cover the bowl with a small plate or paper towel, and cook in the microwave at 50% power OR at 600W for 2 to 3 minutes. Let it cool before handling..
- Cut Cucumber in half lengthways and slice diagonally. Sprinkle a pinch of Salt and massage, then rest for a while..
- Make the sauce by mixing all ingredients..
- When the chicken pieces are cool enough to touch, tear them into strips..
- Add the chicken strips and the sauce to the cucumber, and combine well..
Add shrimp, chicken bay leaves and thyme. To keep the chicken tender and moist, I cook the chicken over relatively low heat. Dhaba-style Spicy Chicken is an easy-to-cook North Indian recipe which is sure to be loved by all chicken lovers. Try this Dhaba-style Spicy Chicken recipe on special occasions like kitty parties, pot lucks and even on family get-togethers. Yoghurt adds a tangy flavour to this dish, whereas cinnamon.