You can have Homemade Kimbab! using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Kimbab!
- Prepare 1 pack of seaweed used for.
- Prepare 2 cups of freshly cooked rice.
- You need 2 tbsp of r to taste mirin rice vinegar.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of or to taste japanese rice seasoning – Furikake (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of pork floss (optional).
- It’s 1 bowl of water to dip fingers in.
- Prepare of Sushi roller.
- Prepare of Cooked egg omelette rolls sliced thinly (optional).
- It’s of Sliced kimbab filling- bought in korean supermarket.
- Prepare of Long pieces of imitation crab meat.
- You need of Japanese mayonnaise.
- You need of Mixture of gochujang and ssamjang 1:1 ratio (optional).
Homemade Kimbab! step by step
- Cook rice and set aside till it's cool enough to handle with fingers.
- Whisk in a mixing bowl 2 to 3 eggs seasoned with salt and pepper and put in a splash of milk or cream to make the eggs thinner, cook it on a pan and roll it before removing it.
- When rice is still warm, move it to a mixing bowl, season rice with mirin, salt.and sugar to taste, also add in japanese Furikake and pork floss if desired and mix well..
- Cut the egg roll and set aside.
- Set up the sushi roller on your counter along with a sheet of sushi seaweed paper, scoop a scoop of seasoned rice and place it in the middle of the seaweed. Wet your fingers and spread rice thinly onto the seaweed, but leave some space on the top and bottom of the seaweed to help seal the roll later..
- Add in kimbab toppings, crab meat, pickled vegetable slices and eggs, spread some mixture of gochujang and ssamjang and sprinkle some japanese mayonnaise on top of the fillings.
- To roll the kimbab, take the bottom part of the sushi roller, loft it up and make sure you tuck in the bottom part of the seaweed into the kimbab itself. Use the roller to tighten the roll as you go. Make sure you lift up the edge of the roller as you roll it so that it doesn't get roller into the kimbab! After rolling it, i would turn it around and use the roller to squeeze the kimbab tightly so it doesn't fall apart.
- Set aside the rolls that are done and make more! And after you are done rolling all the kimbab you want, use a sharpened knife to slice the pieces thinly and make sure that all pieces are separated from each other.
- Final step is to enjoy your kimbab with friends or family! Or if u like just eat them all yourself!!! ENJOY!!.