Buchjeon (Garlic Chive Pancakes).
You can cook Buchjeon (Garlic Chive Pancakes) using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Buchjeon (Garlic Chive Pancakes)
- You need of (Makes 2 large pancakes or 6 small ones).
- You need 1 cup of Korean pancake mix, buchimgaru, 부침가루.
- It’s 3 ounces of garlic chives, buchu, 부추.
- Prepare 1/4 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of soup soy sauce (or regular soy sauce or fish sauce).
- It’s of Optional Spicy Version.
- It’s 1 cup of Korean pancake mix, buchimgaru, 부침가루.
- Prepare 3 ounces of garlic chives, buchu, 부추.
- You need 1/4 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of gochujang, Korean chili pepper paste.
- Prepare of Diping Sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of water.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s pinch of black pepper.
Buchjeon (Garlic Chive Pancakes) instructions
- Cut the garlic chives into about 2-inch length pieces. Thinly slice the onion..
- Add the pancake mix to a large bowl. Stir in 1 cup of icy cold water and the soy sauce (or gochujang for the spicy version) and mix lightly. The batter should be thin..
- Mix in the garlic chives and onion..
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Ladle the mixture into the pan, and spread it evenly into a thin round shape. Cook until the edges turn light golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium low if the pancake browns too quickly. Turn it over, adding more oil to the sides of the pan, and press it down with a spatula. Cook until the other side is light golden brown, about 2 minutes..
- Repeat the process until there is no remaining batter and the optional spicy version. Serve with a dipping sauce..