Dwaeji Galbi/Kalbi (Korean-Style Pork Ribs).
You can have Dwaeji Galbi/Kalbi (Korean-Style Pork Ribs) using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dwaeji Galbi/Kalbi (Korean-Style Pork Ribs)
- You need of Spicy Marinade:.
- Prepare 2/3 c of Korean red/hot pepper paste (gochujang, adjust to taste).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mirin or sake.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sesame oil.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of honey.
- You need 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (preferably dark brown).
- It’s 3 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- You need 2 tablespoons of grated ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion, grated.
- Prepare 1 of medium apple (Fuji, Gala, or Golden Delicious), w/ peel.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s of added:.
- Prepare 1 of Tblsp salt.
- It’s 2 racks of baby back ribs (about 3½–4 pounds).
- You need 1/4 cup of rooster sauce.
Dwaeji Galbi/Kalbi (Korean-Style Pork Ribs) step by step
- Prepare the ingredients for the marinade you have chosen to make. Mix all of the ingredients well, or use blender.
- Cut each slab of the ribs into 2 pieces for easier handling. Rinse the ribs and drain. Coat the ribs well with half the marinade, and marinate them for at least 6 hrs (preferably overnight). Turn them over once after half of the marinating time has passed..
- Simmer the remaining marinade for dipping sauce for 20 minutes or so, until the flavors are blended.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Put ribs meat side down in a shallow baking pan (oil it for easier cleanup). Bake for 20 minutes, then turn oven down to 350°. Baste with leftover marinade, then put back in oven for 45 minutes, basting one more time at midway. Remove from oven, let rest before serving..
- Change the oven setting to broil and preheat for a few minutes. Then broil the ribs for 4 – 6 minutes on each side, or until the ribs are slightly charred, and the sauce is caramelized. Baste the ribs with the sauce while broiling..