Cornbread with kimchi and cheddar. Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread with Sweet Honey Butter. This cornbread is the perfect side dish for all those soups and chilis this Fall season. The best, easy to make cornbread dressed up with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and diced up jalapeño.
Cheddar Cornbread. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This crazy good Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread gets its rock star status from two classic mix-ins: ooey gooey cheddar cheese and fiery jalapeño. The result is a kiss of heat blanketed by cheesy cornbread goodness. You can have Cornbread with kimchi and cheddar using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cornbread with kimchi and cheddar
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of gochujang.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of cornmeal (fine).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 cup of kimchi (diced).
- Prepare of grated cheddar cheese.
I almost kind of miss the days that I could get by on boxed cornbread mix. Baking powder, butter, cornmeal, eggs, milk, salt, sugar, vegetable oil. Mix the cornbread batter according to the recipe on the box. Stir in the green chiles and half of the Cheddar.
Cornbread with kimchi and cheddar step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 F if you're doing muffins or 375 if you're doing a big pan..
- Melt butter, then whisk with eggs, milk, and gochujang. You can leave out the gochujang if you dont want the extra heat..
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients. You should have a consistency like a thick pancake batter..
- Stir in the diced kimchi..
- Grease your pan, then pour in the batter..
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar on top. Doesn't really matter how much you put so feel free to go crazy..
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, and check with a toothpick if it comes out clean..
Pour the cornbread mixture into a greased baking dish or Dutch oven and bake the cornbread according to package directions until golden brown. Cornbread Salad With Bacon, Cheddar, and Ranch. Cornbread With Fresh or Frozen Sweet Corn. Making cornbread from a box is easy, sure, but it is also limiting. Making cornbread from scratch really isn't much harder, and it opens up a vast world of cornbread varieties, including adding spicy jalapeño chiles and cheddar cheese.