Korean Fried Chicken. This Korean fried chicken is perfect for any occasion and I'm sure everyone will fall in love with it instantly. Learn how to make it in three simple steps! Be sure to click the BELL ICON to get my latest videos.
Korean Fried Chicken – the BEST Korean fried chicken recipe that yields crispy fried chicken in spicy, savory and sweet Gochujang sauce. This Korean fried chicken (KFC) is double fried until extra crispy, then tossed in a sticky, sweet and spicy sauce. The only Korean Fried Chicken recipe you'll ever need! You can cook Korean Fried Chicken using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Korean Fried Chicken
- Prepare 1 lbs of Chicken Thigh/Breast (boneless & skinned).
- It’s 0.5 cup of Milk (optional).
- Prepare 0.25 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Pepper.
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of Garlic (minced).
- You need 0.5 tsp of Ginger (minced).
- It’s 1 tbs of Rice Wine (if not using milk).
- You need 1/3 cup of potato starch (or corn starch).
- Prepare of Oil for Deep Frying.
- It’s 1 tbs of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 3 tbs of Rice Wine (or Mirin).
- You need 2 tbs of Apple Cider Vinegar (or Rice Wine Vinegar).
- You need 1 tbs of Gochujang (Korean red chili pepper paste).
- Prepare 0.25 tbs of Dwenjang (Korean soy bean paste).
- Prepare 1.75 tbs of Honey.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 2 tbs of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garlic (minced).
- You need 1 tsp of Ginger (grated).
- You need 1 pinch of Pepper.
- You need 2 tbs of White Sesame for garnish.
I guess Korean Fried Chicken was destined to become famous – just like Colonel Sanders' Right, so actually, "Korean Fried Chicken" refers to a whole set of Korean fried chicken dishes, not just. This Korean fried chicken is chicken thighs in a crispy coating that are tossed in a sweet, spicy and savory sauce. A unique meal or snack that's totally delicious! Korean Fried Chicken is a deliciously crispy chicken with a super sticky and savory bite you'll love.
Korean Fried Chicken step by step
- Soak the chicken pieces in milk for at least 2 hours in the fridge (this is to soften the chicken). This step is optional..
- Drain thoroughly. Remove any visible fat. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Mix with the salt, pepper, rice wine (if you didn’t use milk), garlic, and ginger. Let it stand for 30 minutes..
- In a pan, add all the sauce ingredients, and stir well. Bring it to a boil. When it starts to bubble, reduce the heat to medium low, and simmer until it thickens slightly, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the heat off..
- Add the potato (or corn) starch to the chicken, and mix well to coat evenly..
- Pour about 1 inch of oil in to a heavy bottom pan. When the oil is sufficiently hot (350°F or starts smoking), drop the chicken pieces in one at a time. Fry them in two batches. Overcrowding will drop the oil temperature too quickly. Cook until light golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and set them on a wire rack or a paper towel-lined plate..
- Reheat the oil to 350°F. Deep fry again until golden brown, about 30 to 40 seconds. You can do the second frying in one batch..
- Heat the sauce over medium low heat. Add the chicken and stir well until the chicken pieces are evenly coated. Sprinkle the sesame seeds as garnish..
Korean Fried Chicken is a dish I first tried in New York about. Korean Fried Chicken made with a simple crispy batter and tossed in a sweet and sour sticky sauce. Nicknamed "candy chicken," Korean fried chicken is known for its addictively crunchy exterior and its thick sweet-and-spicy sauce. When made right, even the bones become crunchy enough to eat (if. Chef John's Korean fried chicken is tender and juicy while maintaining a plate-scratching crispiness "I've always considered myself something of a fried chicken expert.