Slow Cooker Korean Style Spicy Soy Sauce Chicken.
You can cook Slow Cooker Korean Style Spicy Soy Sauce Chicken using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Korean Style Spicy Soy Sauce Chicken
- It’s 3 pounds of bone-in chicken pieces (I think drums and thighs are best).
- You need 1/2 of a medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch thick pieces.
- You need 1/2 of a bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squared pieces.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce to start.
- You need 1/4 cup of gochujang (Korean red chili paste) Sriracha is an imperfect but also delicious substitute.
- You need 3-5 Tablespoons of sugar, depending on how sweet you like your food.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dry-ish white wine or sake if you've got some laying around.
- You need 1/2 cup of water (if you don't have the wine, then it's 1 cup water).
Slow Cooker Korean Style Spicy Soy Sauce Chicken instructions
- Dump everything into your slow cooker and, with your hands, give everything a gentle turn and massage so you mix and distribute your seasonings evenly. If you have up to an hour to let everything sit before turning on the slow cooker, great. That'll help the flavors absorb into the chicken..
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, high for 5 to 7, keeping in mind the note at the top of the recipe. An hour or two before eating is a good time to adjust the seasoning so the added flavors can absorb – more soy sauce if you want it saltier, a little more sugar if you'd like it sweeter, more gochujang if you want it hotter (though the gochujang is also a salty flavoring element, so you might want to add some fresh or dried chilies if you want to increase heat without increasing the salt..
- Because there is minimal liquid in the recipe to prevent a soupy flavor and texture, it would be ideal to be able to give everything a stir and redistribute the chicken at between 2 and 4 hours before eating so all parts of the chicken pieces can soak up the flavor. If you can't manage that because of your schedule, then doing it right when you get home and hopefully at least 30 minutes to an hour before you eat will help..
- Enjoy with some steamed white rice or noodles of choice. :).