Tteopokki. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. Tteok-bokki (떡볶이; also spelled ddukbokki) or stir-fried rice cakes is a popular Korean food made from small-sized garae-tteok (long, white, cylinder-shaped rice cakes) called tteokmyeon (떡면; "rice cake noodles") or commonly tteok-bokki-tteok (떡볶이 떡; "tteok-bokki rice cakes"). Eomuk (fish cakes), boiled eggs, and scallions are some common ingredients paired with tteok-bokki in.
Tteokbokki is one of the most popular Korean street foods in Korea. Among other things, today's recipe is made with Korean rice cakes, Korean fish cakes, Korean soup stock / dashi stock and gochujang (Korean chili paste)! It's super delicious, umami rich and highly addictive! You can cook Tteopokki using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tteopokki
- You need 150 gr of rice cake.
- You need 1 cup of korean broth.
- You need 1 tbs of rice gochujang.
- You need 1 tbs of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbs of soy sauce.
- It’s of Cheese.
- Prepare of Sesame.
- It’s 1 pcs of Boil eggs.
Tteokbokki, also spelled dukbokki, topokki, or ddeokbokki, are Korean hot and spicy rice cakes. Cylindrical, chewy white rice cake noodles called tteok are stir fried in a delicious spicy gochujang based sauce. Savory elements are added to the sauce by way of anchovy stock, dried kelp and a splash of sesame oil. This popular street-food dish, called tteokbokki, is a garlicky, richly spiced dish of rice cakes bathed in red chile paste Tteokbokki (pronounced duck-bo-key) got its own festival, spinning off from the larger annual Seoul festival of rice cakes, or tteok.
Tteopokki step by step
- Make korean booth with 300 ml water, 1 tbs dashi, 1 pcs kombu, pepper, 1 pcs garlic, onions leaf, and gingger. Boil and put kombu first then chill 30 minutes. The result is 200 ml or 1 cup korean broth.
- Boil broth with low medium, put gochujang.
- Put soy sauce.
- And also sugar.
- Mix and wait until boiling.
- Put inside you rice cookie, for rice cookie better you deep it inside hot water first. Boil 5-6 minutes with low medium fire..
- After that put inside your fish cookie (additional) boil 3 minutes..
- Put your cheese (additional).
- Onion leaf.
- Put your sesame and boil eggs. Kansai desu… ittadakimasu.
Add the water, dried anchovies, and dried kelp to a shallow pot or pan. Combine hot pepper paste, hot pepper flakes, and sugar in a small bowl. Tteokbokki (ddeokbokki 떡볶이) or spicy rice cakes stew are popular Korean street snack made from tteok, meat and seasoning. I was introduced to this dish from… where else but Korean dramas of course! 😉 The most famous version of tteokbokki is the marriage of tteok with spicy red pepper sauce which I'm going to share the recipe here. Mine is called Super Spicy Tteokbokki because it.