Simple Korean Army Stew or Budae Jjigae.
You can have Simple Korean Army Stew or Budae Jjigae using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Korean Army Stew or Budae Jjigae
- Prepare 6 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 200 g of SPAM cut into cubes.
- Prepare 200 g of mushroom (enoki and or oyster mushrooms).
- It’s 200 g of shitake mushrooms.
- It’s 6 of cocktail sausages cut thinly.
- Prepare 3 of instant ramen noodles.
- It’s Half of a cup of cheese(cubed or 2 slices).
- You need 1 cup of kimchi (bite-sized).
- It’s 1 of Napa cabbage (cut and sliced).
- Prepare 100 g of Rice cakes (Tteokbokki) or replace with kikiam.
- Prepare 100 g of tofu (sliced or cubed).
- It’s 4 of cobs cooked corn or 1 can of sweet corn kernels.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Korean chili paste (Gochujang).
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Korean chili flakes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- It’s of Green onions.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cooking oil.
- It’s of I added corn instead of baked beans.
- It’s of I also removed kelp and anchovies because I don't like them.
Simple Korean Army Stew or Budae Jjigae instructions
- Cook garlic in oil until golden brown. Set aside so it doesn't burn..
- Assemble the ingredients (except for the ramen noodles, rice cakes, green onions, napa cabbage, corn and cheese) in a pot. Mix the Korean paste with soy sauce, chili flakes, sugar, and fish sauce and add the mixture to the pot. Pour the stock and bring to boil on medium heat (about 10 mins). Reduce heat and let simmer for another 10 minutes..
- Add the remaining ingredients – garlic, instant ramen noodles, rice cakes, green onions, napa cabbage (I like my napa cabbage crunchy), corn and add cheese on top of the pot and boil uncovered until the noodles are cooked (about 2 to 3 mins)..
- Serve with steamed rice (& with other Korean side dishes). Or if doing hot pot, reduce the heat to low (using a portable burner) and share the food at the dinning table..