Budae-Jjigae Army Base Soup/ Stew.
You can cook Budae-Jjigae Army Base Soup/ Stew using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Budae-Jjigae Army Base Soup/ Stew
- It’s of Soup.
- You need 12 ounces of spam.
- You need 5 ounce of Vienna sausage.
- Prepare 1 package of ramen noodles.
- It’s 3 slices of American cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of kimchee.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of hotdogs.
- You need 12 ounces of tofu, extra firm.
- You need 2 quarts of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cup of pork and beans.
- You need 1/4 pound of bacon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sliced green onion optional.
- It’s 8 ounces of mushrooms optional.
- You need 1 of rice cake optional.
- It’s of Flavorings.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of mirin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar.
- You need 1 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoons of soya sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of gochujang sauce.
- You need To taste of salt optional.
- You need To taste of oyster crackers.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
Budae-Jjigae Army Base Soup/ Stew instructions
- Slice the bacon and render the bacon keep the drippings. Slice the hotdogs on a bias..
- Break the ramen noodles up. You can use the flavorings ingredients, also add the flavor packet of the noodles, if you like. This soup is based with a lot of processed foods which can tend to be on the salty side..
- Cut the Vienna sausages into thirds. Add the juices to a pot, usually it's chicken broth. Add the chicken broth to the same pot. Heat the broths mixture..
- Cut the kimchee into manageable pieces..
- Add mushrooms and add everything to the pot with the hot broth, except the salt, tofu, and spam. Cube the tofu..
- In the bacon drippings fry the cubed tofu. Fry till a little colorful. Set tofu aside..
- Cube the spam and fry. When the spam is crisp add to the soup. When you fry the spam it gets a bit salty. Also the broth from the can of Vienna sausages is very salty along with the soya sauce. Add the tofu, and stir in. Simmer 30 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cheese on top..
- Taste to see saltiness, if too salty add a little more rice vinegar. If not salty enough add salt to taste. Serve with oyster crackers, I hope you enjoy!!.