Korean fried chicken. Find Deals on Korean Fried Chicken in Groceries on Amazon. If you don't tolerate heat at all leave it out altogether do a taste test and add a tiny amount if you feel it needs a little heat. Nicknamed "candy chicken," Korean fried chicken is known for its addictively crunchy exterior and its thick sweet-and-spicy sauce.
Growing up in Korea, though, we often had it as our weekend dinner. Find the best Korean Fried Chicken near you on Yelp – see all Korean Fried Chicken open now and reserve an open table. Korean Fried Chicken – My Favorite! You can cook Korean fried chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Korean fried chicken
- It’s 2 of # chicken (I used wings and drumettes).
- It’s 1/2 cup of potato starch (you can sub tapioca or corn starch).
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of gochujang paste (can sub Sriracha or sambal).
- It’s 3 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 oz of Mirin (can sub rice wine vin or similar).
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 quart of grapeseed oil (can sub oil of your choice) for frying.
- It’s of Salt and Pepper.
I am partial to fried chicken, all kinds of fried chicken. There is nothing not to love about chicken coated in a crispy, crunchy batter and deep-fried to golden perfection. Korean fried chicken or KFC, usually called chikin (치킨, from the English "chicken") in Korea, refers to a variety of fried chicken dishes created in South Korea, including the basic huraideu-chikin (후라이드 치킨, from the English "fried chicken") and spicy yangnyeom-chikin (양념 치킨, "seasoned chicken"). In South Korea, fried chicken is consumed as a meal, an appetizer, anju.
Korean fried chicken instructions
- Heat your oil to 350°- 375°.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl put your potato starch. Individually coat your chicken..
- While oil is hot, fry your chicken for 12-14 minutes. Your going to double fry**.
- In a skillet, heat your sesame oil. Add your garlic, ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add your mirin, soy sauce and gochujang. Simmer for 5 minutes and add your brown sugar at the the last minute..
- After you're 12 minutes of frying the chicken, pull out of the oil and let sit for 1 minute. Add your chicken back into the oil and fry for an additional 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. (This assures your chicken is super crispy).
- After your chicken is fried for the second time, toss in your sauce or serve it on the side and enjoy! You can also garnish with sesame seeds and scallions if you want more presentation..
Steps: Mix chicken with seasonings and cover in starch. Sprinkle sesame seeds over top and serve immediately. Bonchon specializes in Korean-style fried chicken and a variety of savory Asian fusion dishes. Follow us on social at @bonchonchicken. Korean fried chicken is typically crispy and crunchy, achieved by double-frying and with creative batter mixes.