You can cook Easy Japchae using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Japchae
- Prepare 50 grams of Korean cellophane noodles (or Malony noodles).
- You need 100 grams of Beef (cut into strips or thinly sliced).
- It’s 1 of Shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 1/4 of Carrot.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ☆ Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of ☆ Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ☆ Grated garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ☆ Sake.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ☆ Mirin.
- You need 1 tbsp of ☆ Sesame oil.
- It’s 1 of as required Vegetable oil for stir-frying.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of Sesame oil to finish (optional to your taste).
- Prepare 1 of as required White sesame seeds.
- You need 1 of as required Chili powder, chili threads (to garnish).
Easy Japchae step by step
- Combine all the ☆ ingredients. Marinade the thinly cut beef in the combined ☆. Cook the cellophane noodles in boiling water, rinse and drain. Cut into bite sizes..
- Slice the onion and shiitake mushroom. Julienne the carrot. I used shimeji mushrooms instead of a shiitake mushroom and added spinach in this photo..
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the carrot and onion. Fry the mushrooms quickly. Season lightly with salt and pepper..
- I fried the vegetables separately, but you can fry them in one go..
- Fry the beef and save the marinade. I had only gizzards in my fridge, so I used them instead of the beef in this photo..
- When the meat is cooked halfway through, add the cellophane noodles. Separate the noodles with your chopsticks if they are stuck together. Add the marinade of the beef and continue to cook..
- Once the marinade has completely evaporated, return the vegetables and mix well. Check the taste and adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper and sesame oil..
- After everything is mixed well, add the spinach. Mix quickly. Spinach can be cooked through even with just the residual heat..
- Transfer onto a serving dish. Sprinkle with white sesame seeds. Garnish with chilli powder and chilli threads..