Japchae. Beef, carrot, eggs, garlic, green onion, ground black pepper, onion, red bell pepper, salt, sesame oil, sesame seeds, shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, spinach, starch noodles, sugar, vegetable oil, white oyster mushrooms. Japchae (or chapchae) is a classic Korean dish everyone loves! Find out how to make authentic, delicious japchae with this time Japchae (Stir-Fried Starch Noodles with Beef and Vegetables).
It typically requires meat and vegetables (unless. Japchae is a simple Korean noodle dish packed with a rainbow of vegetables and steak. Our japchae recipe is an easy, delicious dish that's also gluten-free! You can have Japchae using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japchae
- You need strips of Beef cut into.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 2 of white onions, cut into a long pieces.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 2 of medium carrot , cut into matchsticks.
- It’s 2 of red bell pepper, cut into thin strips.
- Prepare 1 pack of spinach, washed and drained.
- You need 1 of onion leaves or spring onion , sliced thinly.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- It’s of oyster sauce.
- Prepare of Sugar (either white or brown /depend what you have).
- Prepare of sesame oil.
- Prepare of toasted sesame seeds.
- You need of ground black pepper (to taste).
- You need of salt (to taste).
- It’s 1 pack of glass noodles.
Flavorful and exquisite Japchae is made of sweet potato noodles, julienne vegetables, and sliced beef tossed in a Korean soy Japchae 잡채 (Korean Stir Fried Noodles). Japchae – Korean Glass Noodles with Stir-fried Vegetables). Garnish Japchae with reserved egg ribbons and more sesame seeds as desired. Japchae – Korean noodle dish with sweet potato noodles and vegetables.
Japchae step by step
- First, you need to marinate your beef with 1 clove of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon sugar, teaspoon ground black pepper, 2 teaspoons soy sauce & oyster sauce, and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil. Set it aside or keep it in the fridge..
- Cut all the vegetables into stripes and prepare to cook :).
- Cook the noodles according to the instruction of the package . You can blanch the spinach at the same time. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the spinach and blanch for 30 seconds to 1 minute, rinse the spinach and squeeze it with your hands to remove any excess water then put in a big bowl. Let the water keep boiling to cook the noodles too. when the noodles is cooked put it on the bowl where the spinach is (see picture below). You can add little sesame oil to the noodles so it will not stick together..
- On the pan fry the egg (scramble egg) then set it aside and cut it into small stripes.
- Then on the same pan put little sesame oil and stir-fry the carrot for 20 seconds. Not too cooked it depends (I like my carrot a little crunchy).
- After you stir-fry the carrot put it on the same bowl where the noodles and spinach is. (see picture below).
- On the same pan put little sesame oil again and stir-fry the remaining vegetables (red bell pepper, mushroom,spring onion) When all the vegetable is cooked, transfer it to the noodle bowl..
- On the same pan put little sesame oil again. Add the beef and onion, stir fry it until the beef is no longer pink then transfer it to the noodle bowl. Try taste test on the beef if you are satisfied with the saltiness or sweetness of it. (adjust it depend on your preference taste).
- Since the beef is already marinated and seasoned you don't have to add seasoning on it (if you are not satisfied with the taste you can adjust it by adding more oyster sauce on it or salt) Mix all together by hand or spoon..
- After mixing it add the egg garnish and 1 tablespoon sesame seeds.Yummy! Mix it and transfer it to a large plate and serve. Enjoy :).
Make japchae if you want a comforting and nutritionally balanced meal. The sweet potato noodles are tossed with beef and veggies in a sweet savory sauce. Japchae Korean Glass Noodles with Vegetables. Toss gently to combine everything with your hand or/and tongs. Garnish Japchae with some additional sesame seeds as desired.