Japchae. Cooking & baking supplies and more. Japchae, a traditional Korean dish, made with sweet potato noodles, beef, and vegetables stir-fried in a sesame oil-based sauce is a delicious and colorful meal. The most comprehensive and authentic Japchae (Korean glass noodle stir fry) recipe!
New Year's day and Harvest festival) but it is also enjoyed on any other common day Japchae (잡채; 雜菜) is a sweet and savory dish of stir-fried glass noodles and vegetables that is popular in Korean cuisine. Japchae is typically prepared with dangmyeon (당면, 唐麵), a type of cellophane noodles made from sweet potato starch; the noodles are topped with assorted vegetables, meat, and mushrooms, and seasoned with soy sauce and sesame oil. Japchae (잡채) literally means "mixed vegetables."But the main ingredient of this classic dish is Korean sweet potato starch noodles (dangmyeon), also known as glass noodles. You can cook Japchae using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japchae
- It’s 1 bag of Korean sweet potato noodle, Dangmyun.
- You need of Meat/protein.
- It’s of Sirloin, chuck, short ribs, or tri-tip beef.
- Prepare of Shrimp.
- You need of Pork patty.
- It’s 2-3 of eggs.
- It’s of Veggies.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- You need 1 of orange bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of large carrot.
- It’s 1 clove of chopped garlic.
- You need 5 of shiitake mushroom (optional).
- It’s 1 bag of spinach (optional).
- You need of Sauce.
- It’s of sesame oil.
- It’s of sesame seed.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- You need of Rice wine (optional).
- Prepare of Soy sauce.
- You need of Oyster sauce.
- It’s of Sugar.
- You need of Black pepper.
- You need of Salt.
It's an essential dish for traditional holidays and special occasions. Japchae is sweet potato noodles (dangmyeon) stir fried with vegetables and meat. It's one of Korea's best-loved dishes and it is served at Korean parties and special occasions. The ingredients for this dish include thinly sliced carrot, onion, spinach, and mushrooms, and sometimes include thinly sliced beef.
- To prepare the noodle: 1)Boil 1 bag of Korean sweet potato noodle in a big pot for about 15 min or until it gets soft. 2)Drain the noodles and put in a big bowl..
- To prepare the meat: 1)Peel the shrimp and slice the beef and pork patty into long thin strips and put it in a bowl. 2)In the same bowl, add 1 clove of chopped garlic, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil, and 1/2 tablespoon of rice wine. 3)Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and stir fry the mixture..
- To prepare the eggs: 1)Lightly beat 2-3 eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of salt. 2)Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil into a pan. 3)Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook. 4)Cut the egg into thin strips and set aside in a plate..
- To prepare the vegetables: 1)Boil 1 bag of spinach with 1 teaspoon of salt in a pot for 10s. Then Remove spinach from pot, rinse with cold water and squeeze to drain out the excess water. Put aside on a plate. 2)cut 1/2 onion into thin slices, cut 1 red and yellow bell pepper into thin slices, and cut the 5 shiitake mushroom into thin slices. 3)Shred one large carrot.
- 4)Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil to a pan and stir fry the sliced onion with a pinch of salt and put aside on the same plate with the eggs. 5)Using the same pan, add 1 teaspoons of oil, stir fry the shredded carrots with a pinch of salt and put aside on the same plate. 6)Add 1 teaspoon of oil into a pan, stir fry the thin slices of bell pepper with a pinch of salt and put to aside on the same plate. 7)Stir fry shiitake mushroom without salt and oil. Put to aside on the same plate..
- To prepare the sauce: 1)Mix 1/3 cup of soy sauce, 1/3 cup of sugar or honey, 2 tablespoon of sesame oil, 1 tablespoon of sesame seed, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper in a cup..
- 1)Add 2 tablespoon of sesame oil into the big bowl of noodle. 2)Add 2/3 of the sauce into the noodles and mix. 3)Pour the noodle on the plate with the cooked vegetables and egg. 4)Add the cooked meat. 5)Add the rest of the sauce and mix. 6)Add 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce and mix..
Literally meaning "mixed vegetables," japchae is a simple dish made with transparent glass noodles and an assortment of toppings. Each ingredient is cooked separately for a cleaner taste. Japchae is a Korean noodle dish that is very popular in Hawaii. It's made from glass noodles (dangmyeon) and many different vegetable. Some places add meat but we love to make this vegetarian japchae recipe at home.