Korean Fried Chicken.
You can cook Korean Fried Chicken using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Korean Fried Chicken
- You need 1 lbs of Chicken Thigh/Breast (boneless & skinned).
- It’s 0.5 cup of Milk (optional).
- It’s 0.25 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 pinch of Pepper.
- It’s 0.5 tsp of Garlic (minced).
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of Ginger (minced).
- It’s 1 tbs of Rice Wine (if not using milk).
- You need 1/3 cup of potato starch (or corn starch).
- Prepare of Oil for Deep Frying.
- You need 1 tbs of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbs of Rice Wine (or Mirin).
- Prepare 2 tbs of Apple Cider Vinegar (or Rice Wine Vinegar).
- Prepare 1 tbs of Gochujang (Korean red chili pepper paste).
- You need 0.25 tbs of Dwenjang (Korean soy bean paste).
- You need 1.75 tbs of Honey.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sesame Oil.
- You need 2 tbs of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger (grated).
- Prepare 1 pinch of Pepper.
- You need 2 tbs of White Sesame for garnish.
Korean Fried Chicken instructions
- Soak the chicken pieces in milk for at least 2 hours in the fridge (this is to soften the chicken). This step is optional..
- Drain thoroughly. Remove any visible fat. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Mix with the salt, pepper, rice wine (if you didn’t use milk), garlic, and ginger. Let it stand for 30 minutes..
- In a pan, add all the sauce ingredients, and stir well. Bring it to a boil. When it starts to bubble, reduce the heat to medium low, and simmer until it thickens slightly, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the heat off..
- Add the potato (or corn) starch to the chicken, and mix well to coat evenly..
- Pour about 1 inch of oil in to a heavy bottom pan. When the oil is sufficiently hot (350°F or starts smoking), drop the chicken pieces in one at a time. Fry them in two batches. Overcrowding will drop the oil temperature too quickly. Cook until light golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and set them on a wire rack or a paper towel-lined plate..
- Reheat the oil to 350°F. Deep fry again until golden brown, about 30 to 40 seconds. You can do the second frying in one batch..
- Heat the sauce over medium low heat. Add the chicken and stir well until the chicken pieces are evenly coated. Sprinkle the sesame seeds as garnish..