Kalbi (Korean Barbequed Beef Short Ribs).
You can have Kalbi (Korean Barbequed Beef Short Ribs) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kalbi (Korean Barbequed Beef Short Ribs)
- Prepare 5 lb of 5 pounds Korean style beef short ribs.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mirin (rice wine).
- It’s 2 tbsp of black sesame oil.
- You need 1 small of onion, peeled and finely grated.
- It’s 1 small of asian pear, peeled and finely grated.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 4 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 2 of green onions, thinly sliced (garnish).
Kalbi (Korean Barbequed Beef Short Ribs) instructions
- Sprinkle brown sugar over beef and massage to evenly coat. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes while preparing marinade..
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Transfer beef into a large sealable freezer bag. Add marinade, squeeze excess air from bags, and seal. Turn bag over several times to ensure beef is evenly coated. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight..
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium-hot. Drain excess marinade from beef. Grill short ribs, turning once, to desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes per side..
- Garnish with thinly sliced green onions, if desired. Serve whole pieces as a main course or cut into smaller pieces, using kitchen shears, for a starter or party nibble..