Korean Simmered Daikon Radish Soboro.
You can have Korean Simmered Daikon Radish Soboro using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Korean Simmered Daikon Radish Soboro
- Prepare 400 grams of Daikon radish.
- It’s 100 grams of Ground pork (or beef or pork blend).
- It’s 4 tbsp of ※ Korean all-purpose seasoning.
- Prepare of ※ Or these seasonings.
- Prepare 1 of 1/2- tablespoons Gochujang.
- You need 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ground white sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- It’s 2 of cm Grated ginger (or tubed).
- It’s 1 of Vegetable oil for frying.
- Prepare 3 of cm Grated ginger (or tubed).
- Prepare 1 of Chopped green onions (leafy green onion, asatsuki chives).
Korean Simmered Daikon Radish Soboro step by step
- Cut the daikon radish (1/3 = 400 g) in half vertically, then cut into rough wedges. This makes sure that the texture of the daikon remains intact while helping it absorb all the flavors of the seasonings..
- Put some oil in a deep frying pan and add the ground pork and ★ ginger and fry well. Add the daikon radish and stir-fry it until it's well coated with oil..
- Add in enough water to cover the ingredients (not listed in the ingredients) and cover with a lid. When it starts to boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes. When the daikon radish is about 80-90% cooked through, add the ※ seasonings..
- Put a small lid that sits right on top of the food (otoshibuta or drop lid) and cook on low heat for 7-8 minutes. About halfway through, check on the ingredients and give the simmering sauce a quick mix. When most of the liquid has been absorbed, it's done!.
- Turn off the heat and let sit covered for about 10 minutes. Let the flavors marry and settle in. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with chopped green onions..