미역무침 Seaweed Salad.
You can cook 미역무침 Seaweed Salad using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 미역무침 Seaweed Salad
- You need 1 ounce of dried miyeok, 미역, (a little more than 2 cups soaked).
- Prepare 1 of small kirby cucumber (1/2 Korean cucumber), thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 of red radishes (or equivalent amount of white radish), thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds.
- It’s of Dressing.
- You need 4 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
미역무침 Seaweed Salad instructions
- Soak the dried miyeok for 20 to 30 minutes. Rinse 2 or 3 times thoroughly. Drain after each rinse, and squeeze or knead (as if you are working with bread dough) to remove excess salt used in the drying process, and rinse off any hidden sand. Drain well..
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Plunge the miyeok into the water and blanch for a minute. Drain and rinse in the cold water until the miyeok is cool. Drain well, and squeeze out excess water..
- Cut the miyeok into bite size pieces by running a knife through a few times in different directions..
- In a large bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients well until the sugar has dissolved..
- Add the miyeok, cucumber, and radish. Toss well to combine everything together. Serve cold..