You can cook Oyster Kimchee using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oyster Kimchee
- You need 2 of large size napa cabbages (about 8 pounds: 3.6 kg) and 2 Korean radishes (about 4-5 pounds: 2 kg).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sweet rice flour, ¼ cup sugar, water.
- You need 4 cups of hot pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 cup of fish sauce,.
- You need 1 of medium sized onion, minced (about 1 cup).
- You need 1 cup of fresh garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tbs of minced ginger.
- You need 7 stalks of green onions, chopped diagonally.
- You need 2 cups of Buchu (Asian chives), chopped.
- Prepare 2 cups of matchstick-cut radish.
- You need of fresh oysters.
Oyster Kimchee step by step
- Cut the cabbages in half, and then slit each half through the core, but not through the rest of the leaves..
- Soak each piece in cold water and sprinkle salt over the each leaf, and then set it aside for 2 hours. *tip: the stems should get more salt than the leaves.
- Peel 2 kg of Korean radishes and cut them into 1 inch cubes. Do this by cutting them into several disks, and then cutting horizontally, and then vertically. Put them in a big bowl and sprinkle them with ¼ cup of salt. Then set these aside, too..
- 2 hours later, turn the pieces of cabbage over so they get salted evenly. Turn the radishes as well..
- Another 2 hours later, you will see the cabbage look softer than before, and it should have shrunk.*the total salting process will take 4 hours.
- Rinse the salted cabbage and radish with cold water 3 times..
- Making Kimchi paste: Make porridge Put ½ cup of sweet rice flour and 3 cups of water into a skillet and mix them up. Then cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. When you see some bubbles, pour ¼ cup of sugar into the porridge and stir one more minute. Then cool it down. Place the cold porridge into a big bowl. Now add all your ingredients one by one. Add fish sauce, hot pepper flakes, crushed garlic, ginger, and onion..
- Add green onions, Asian chives, and radish. Add 2 cups of frozen oysters. Mix all ingredients wel.