Kkakdugi. Daikon radish, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, green onion, hot pepper flakes, korean radish, salt, sugar. How to make authentic radish kimchi – KKakdugi. Kkakdugi is Korean cubed radish kimchi made with daikon.
The name kkakdugi comes from how the radish is cut — cubed, and it's known as cubed radish kimchi in English. Kkakdugi or cubed radish kimchi is wonderfully crunchy and zingy that goes really well with any Kkakdugi 깍두기 is probably one of the most popular kimchi in Korean food, other than Baechu. Kkakdugi is korean radish kimchi and the signature look is the cubed radish. You can cook Kkakdugi using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kkakdugi
- It’s 2 Tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare 4 stalks of chopped green onions.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fish sauce.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of hot pepper flakes.
- It’s 1/3 cup of the juice from the radish.
- You need 1 tbsp of cincaluk.
- You need 1 of radish, diced.
If you haven't had made kimchi before Kkakdugi probably the one you should to try as your first try kimchi because it is. Kkakdugi is the go-to kimchi when eating starchy soups or stews in Korea. Kkakdugi – Turning Korean Radish into Kimchi. Kkakdugi is the second most popular type of Kimchi. Кимчи из дайкона (Kkakdugi – 깍두기).
- Add 2 tbsp salt, 2 tbsp sugar to the diced radish and mix well..
- Set aside for 30 minutes..
- Drain the juice from the radish into a small bowl..
- Add all the ingredients.
- Mix it up well until the seasonings coat the radish cubes evenly. Store in fridge or eat immediately!.
Kkakdugi is a popular kimchi paired with soups and stews. Kimchi comes in all shapes and sizes, but this Kkakdugi (깍두기) made with large Korean radish is a perennial favorite. My mom taught us how to make kkakdugi(daikon kimchi) as well. We were making a mess in the kitchen anyway so why not? It's a little bit sharper in taste and the crunchiness makes it so refreshing.