You can have Chicken Dimsum using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Dimsum
- You need 1 pack of wonton sheets (or if you cant find wonton sheets, you can replace with mandoo sheets (mando=korean dumpling)).
- It’s 500 gr of minced chicked (you can replace with pork, fish, beef, prawn).
- It’s 3-4 tbs of tapioca starch.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped spring onion/leek (you can replace with radish, mushroom, chives or chestnut).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated carrot for topping.
- You need 2 tbs of sesame oil.
- You need 2 tbs of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of salt or soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of white pepper.
Chicken Dimsum step by step
- First, mix together on a bowl minced meat, spring onion, tapioca starch and all the seasoning. You can take 1 tsp and put on boiling water to taste if it’s already right..
- Make “O” shaped with your index finger and thumb, place the wonton sheet on top of it. Put 1 table spoon of meat mixture and wrap. I forgot to take picture step by step but you could see how to wrap the dumpling on youtube. If it’s done, put grated carrot on top of it. Dont forget to brush your steamer with oil before you placed your dimsum on to avoid it sticked on the steamer. Then steam more or less 45 minutes..
- You can make another variation from this recipe, called “gyoza”. You can watch on youtube how to fold the gyoza. For this dish, the cooking method is steam fried. So heat up 1 tbs of oil on pan, place the gyoza then added 1/2 cup (or less) of water/broth, make sure the gyoza not drowning on the water. Then put the lid and cook until the water runs dried. Flip it and do same things..
- Both can be served with soy sauce, chilli powder or siracha sauce. You can added slice ginger on dipping sauce if you like..