Vietnamese Shrimp & Mung Bean Crepe.
You can have Vietnamese Shrimp & Mung Bean Crepe using 29 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Shrimp & Mung Bean Crepe
- Prepare of For The Filling:.
- It’s 1 cup of spinach (as you please).
- It’s 1 cup of nappa cabbage (as you please).
- It’s 1/2 cup of mint or shiso (chopped).
- It’s 1 cup of cilantro (chopped).
- Prepare 1 cup of sweet onion (chopped).
- You need 1 cup of water chestnuts (quardered).
- Prepare 2 cups of mung beans.
- It’s 1-2 of – pound shrimp or prawns.
- You need of For The Sauce:.
- It’s 1/4 cup of carrot (grated).
- You need 1/4 cup of daikon radish (grated).
- It’s 1/4 cup of green onion (chopped).
- It’s 2-3 of serrano peppers (finely diced optional).
- You need of (optional a few sprinkles of dried pepper flakes).
- It’s of (optional 2 Tbsp kimchi finely chopped or starter kimchi paste).
- Prepare 3 of + Tbsp Mirin (rice wine) (like sake less alcohol more sugar).
- You need 3 of + Tbsp soy sauce.
- Prepare 6 of + Tbsp fish sauce.
- You need 3 of limes (squeezed and scooped of all yummy juce sacks parts).
- You need 3 Tbsp of warm water.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic (use less if you want less spicy).
- You need of Honey to taste (also thickens).
- You need of For The Crepe Batter:.
- You need 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk or coconut cream.
- It’s 2 cups of white rice flour mixture.
- You need 1/4 cup of tapioca starch.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of green onion.
Vietnamese Shrimp & Mung Bean Crepe instructions
- For the batter, mix all ingredients together, mix well and refrigerate. (consistency should be runny batter, looser than waffle or pancake batter).
- For sauce, mix all ingredients together, should taste tart and sweet with a good solid taste of the sea and a hint of sweet from the honey. Also the rjapanese radish should add to the flavor..
- Heat up on high, some vegetable oil a extra large stick free pan or wok. Add the batter fry until top of batter starts to bubble turn down to half heat and cover for 5-10 minutes. Check to see bottom crisp has been achieved. Turn down low add shrimp, onion and mung beans. TOP should still be kind of sticky. Cover keep cooking on low untill entire crepe can be manipulated and folded over. Crepe should be very nicly crisp..
- Once crepe is folded add to plate with extra herbs like the Napa cabbage and shiso and all others in list not mentioned in last step for filling..